Trident back filling with water

  • Thread starter Thread starter xabo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
592
Location
Wash. D.C.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After running a combined test, I receive a Test B Fail error message and the Calcium reagent bottle fills with water. Any thoughts?
 
Sounds like the ends of the tubing is submerged and the bottle is roughly the same level as the water. Try moving the tubing so there's an air gap between the end of the tube and the water.
 
Sounds like the Trident is lower than the water level in the sump you're pulling from - raise the height of the Trident if you are able to.
 
Sounds like the Trident is lower than the water level in the sump you're pulling from - raise the height of the Trident if you are able to.
It's been that way since I've had it, no problems until now.
Have you recently had it serviced?
No I haven't. Trying to find a DIY kit but no luck so far. May be time to replace the pump head.
 
I'm wondering if maybe the pinch valve has failed on that one pump allowing water to siphon in.
 
if your getting a siphon, sounds like it might be a combo of a bad pinch valve and possibly the peristaltic pump head.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new