Trident Bad Alk Range (high) yet continues to dos alk

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot seem to get my Trident and DOS to work together. I have tried multiple settings with my last results being an alk test being out of testable range. For the last week, in an attempt to get the dkh around 9ish, it would never dose enough to get it out of the low 8's. I have previously kept my dkh in the 9's with BRS dosing pumps without issue or swings. Having implemented the Trident (Its been running for two months) to monitor and adjust it won't budge from the lower numbers or, now, seems to have an Alk swing so high the Trident cannot even measure, and yet it continues to Dos alk. I am sure this is user error, and i could really use some help to Re Stabilize my system and get this thing running properly.

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the baseline dosage? How much over/under is the Trident calling to dose? Did you use the "Trident Controlled Dosing" task to set it up?
Yes. I used the TCD to set this up. I started with the dosage that my BRS dosing pumps were administering, 20ml of Alk and Cal each in a 24 hr period. when I switched to Trident controlled dosing, my alk, then cal slowly started dropping and were 8.2 dkh (previously 9.2-9.6) and under 400 on Cal (previously 450-480) in a weeks time. the Trident never seemed to make adjustments outside of the "Normal dosing amount" of 20ml and yet the numbers kept testing lower and lower. The parameters I set were 9 dkh and 450. I used the suggested control range and control limits in the "Get started with TCD".

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back