• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Trident bnib

blackgate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been talking to him on Facebook dendro. He says hes been trying to reach out to you but no answer. Says a family member who has been living with him since November took an interest in his hobby and did this to him and us. Gary says the guy is in jail right now.

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a member of LaReef Club and familiar with the thread, but not the people involved. It could be, I don't really know, I think this is a different guy.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this related to our scammer?

That's what I'm trying to ascertain. Someone on my local forum (who was also scammed) believes that it is and asked me to followup.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go again...
Funny how the family member is already in jail now. Sounds like the same guy over on Lareeclub. This sounds like it needs to be reported, many over on Lareeclub are just taking losses. Never take a loss when that person is scamming you. File a police report. It’s truly that simple, and selling things online is a Federal Offense. don’t let him win a dollar from nobody!

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap! I wonder how many this happened too? He she just send everything that came in back. I would bet there’s money missing. I truly hope this was some family member.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am showing a refund pending in my PayPal account. I don't think anyone will really know exactly what went down, but I would like to believe that a family member got ahold of his R2R account log-in, email address and bank account info. What I am sure of is that this would never have been made right without the help from this community. I am grateful to all of you who helped shine a light on this and apply pressure, as it is in all of our interest that we have a safe place to purchase and sell. I certainly have learned my lessons.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know that Gary refunded my money and was very apologetic. He said he's trying to get a hold of drendo to refund his money but not having any success

This ain't my boy then... He isn't refunding anybody over on LARC lol

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks! That means there’s two of these happening. Sucks this is happening.

One of my guys got his $$$ back by pleading with the bank (USAA). He's a vet, so they might have just made it right for him. Hopefully the bank now goes after the scumbag.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a trident for sale on bulk reef supply right now if someone wants one.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back