Trident Controlled Dosing

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only been using my Trident and Dos for a few weeks now so it's all still new to me. I currently have it set to dos cal and alk at .5ml every 11 minutes throughout the day. I have them set to be about 5 minutes apart so I don't have any precipitation issues.

I decided tonight I was going to allow it to control the dos based on Trident reading, but I was going to start with just calcium. It only ran for about an hour and I went and looked at the dosing amounts and times. It adjusted my dosing time on calcium so it dosed some almost immediate after dosing alkalinity. If I set both to be controlled by Trident will it stagger the dosing times between alk and cal so they don't get added too close together? If it won't do this automatically how can I configure it to have a few minutes between dosing each element?

JPK

Always learning from others
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have my trident control my dosing for alk and ca, i dose about 145 ml each per day. It automatically staggers the dos for me. I also chose to set it to dose more in the day and less at night automatically, which seems to work pretty well.
Hopefully this helps
Jason

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have my trident control my dosing for alk and ca, i dose about 145 ml each per day. It automatically staggers the dos for me. I also chose to set it to dose more in the day and less at night automatically, which seems to work pretty well.
Hopefully this helps
Jason
Ok I figured there was a good change if I let it control both it would stagger their times. I'll set it up later and keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've let it run as controlled dosing for a day now and when I go back and check the dosing times there was at least one time where it dosed both elements at the exact same time. Is there anyway to prevent this or should I just change it back to scheduled dosing, or move my dosing lines to where they're not side by side.
I find it hard to believe that it doesn't have some setting somewhere that prevents it from dosing both at the same time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back