Trident error help

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got an error “test a failed” on my trident. I checked and have plenty of reagent (half a bottle). I primed my sample line and I do not get any water in the cuvette. I took the sample line off and cleaned it, which it did have some stuff come out of it. When I re installed the line I still don’t get a sample. All of the lines seem to be plugged into the block in the back of the trident.

I opened a ticket with support but I was just curious if there is anything else I should try. I was also curious if it would be a bad idea to force water through the sample line while the pump is running trying to pull a sample through.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got an error “test a failed” on my trident. I checked and have plenty of reagent (half a bottle). I primed my sample line and I do not get any water in the cuvette. I took the sample line off and cleaned it, which it did have some stuff come out of it. When I re installed the line I still don’t get a sample. All of the lines seem to be plugged into the block in the back of the trident.

I opened a ticket with support but I was just curious if there is anything else I should try. I was also curious if it would be a bad idea to force water through the sample line while the pump is running trying to pull a sample through.
I had the same issue and hooked up a syringe to the intake of the sample line and cleared out the blockage. Run a couple of primes and resets and it should clean out the line and fill up the cuvette.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue and hooked up a syringe to the intake of the sample line and cleared out the blockage. Run a couple of primes and resets and it should clean out the line and fill up the cuvette.
So you flushed it back through the trident, and not just the supply tubing? If so did you just flush it while trying to prime the sample? I assume the solenoid (I am just guessing the things in the backs of the unit are solenoids) needs to be open before trying it. I was also a little worried that it would dislodge the blockage and just move it somewhere else into the trident.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can follow Neptune's maintenance kit video and totally disassemble the trident. I would do that, remove the manifold and blow that out along with all tubing. How old is your trident? Might be a good time to just order the maintenance kit since it replaces pretty much everything except the solenoids and main board.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you flushed it back through the trident, and not just the supply tubing? If so did you just flush it while trying to prime the sample? I assume the solenoid (I am just guessing the things in the backs of the unit are solenoids) needs to be open before trying it. I was also a little worried that it would dislodge the blockage and just move it somewhere else into the trident.
Yep. I flushed it through when it was priming and purging. I ended up pushing the blockage somewhere. I basically just pushed whatever it was through the tubes During each step of the testing process.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can follow Neptune's maintenance kit video and totally disassemble the trident. I would do that, remove the manifold and blow that out along with all tubing. How old is your trident? Might be a good time to just order the maintenance kit since it replaces pretty much everything except the solenoids and main board.
It’s around a year old. I was hoping to wait another 6 month to a year before doing the maintenance kit. I assume the disassembly isn’t very hard to do.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. I flushed it through when it was priming and purging. I ended up pushing the blockage somewhere. I basically just pushed whatever it was through the tubes During each step of the testing process.
I may try this before disassembling the unit.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me a few weeks ago and again today. Cleaned all of my lines and did a full Trident shutdown and prime task and it seems to fix it. One of my tridents is over a year old and I contacted support to go for the service kit but they are not starting it in the UK until Autumn.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me a few weeks ago and again today. Cleaned all of my lines and did a full Trident shutdown and prime task and it seems to fix it. One of my tridents is over a year old and I contacted support to go for the service kit but they are not starting it in the UK until Autumn.
Did you just take it apart like you would for the service kit to clean the lines?
Im either going to try flushing the lines through the unit or take it apart to clean everything. I haven’t decided yet.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just take it apart like you would for the service kit to clean the lines?
Im either going to try flushing the lines through the unit or take it apart to clean everything. I haven’t decided yet.
I stripped it all down and gave everything a check over and clean.

Back