Trident help!

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Apex and Trident for about 2 months and no issues...yesturday it stopped taking readings and won't turn on. Ive looked at both of the 1 port the Trident uses no damage to the cable that I can see or to the plugs themselves. I just don't understand how it went from running like a clock to not even turning on. Any help or advise wanted!

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Apex and Trident for about 2 months and no issues...yesturday it stopped taking readings and won't turn on. Ive looked at both of the 1 port the Trident uses no damage to the cable that I can see or to the plugs themselves. I just don't understand how it went from running like a clock to not even turning on. Any help or advise wanted!
Start unplugging anything being controlled by the Apex. It could be just one of the pieces controlled by a 24v port. I had a faulty WAV head that shut me down until I unplugged it.

OP
OP
Southern Fishing Co.

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In what way should I start unplugging? I have the ApexEL and a EB832 and a EB8 and the Trident. Like do I need to leave each unplugged for a certain amount of time? N while I'm doing this am I just looking for the Trident to start up again? I appreciate the reply and help.....been trying to get ok thru the Neptune support but with it being the weekend its taking forever. Waiting to hear back from them after giving them all the info like (s/n #'s) and made Neptune support as a "manager". I think its not the cable bc I plugged it in and set it up and never unplugged the 1 link until support told me to take pics of both ends of the 1 link cable. Im just frustrated now bc I got the Trident to help me keep th I ngs stable....very disappointed.

OP
OP
Southern Fishing Co.

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also....what n is everything else but the Trident is working? I'm assuming if everything else is working that it would have to be isolated to the Trident itself or the 1 link cable.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a WAV pump that shorted out and shut down the entire Apex. As soon as I unplugged all the 24V ports it worked again. Try those first and see if it works for you. It's a known issue with the Apex controller.

OP
OP
Southern Fishing Co.

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. Just one question as im still learning the Apex system but how do I know which ports are 24v......I think I remember seeing a diagram that showed the voltage of each plug but can't find it anymore.

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Southern Fishing! If you haven't already done so, send Neptune Support an email as well. Usually they are fairly prompt.

OP
OP
Southern Fishing Co.

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok yea no I originally got the BRS dose pumps but after getting the Apex I realized I'd much rather use the Apex Dos'. So ill be ordering that soon. But as of now I don't have any of those plugged in.

N yes I've emailed Neptune and I'm just waiting for them t ok get back to me after sending them some info and pics.

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have anything else plugged into the 1Link ports on the EB, then I would recommend replacing the cable.
I'd start with unplugging the 1Link cable from the EB or what ever module you are getting 1Link power from and re-plug it. I'd do it on both sides, the Trident and the power side. If that doesn't do anything, change the cable. I've had those plugs come loose due to me moving wires around...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back