Trident no water error but filling cuvette

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a trident today that I purchased used. The seller used it for a bit then shutdown the system and the trident sat for a couple of months. I’ve followed the setup instructions and it will not go to orange during initialization giving the no water sample error. I read lots of information here and elsewhere and removed the front cover to view the cuvette which is filling with water. So it does appear to fill and discharge appropriately.

Any ideas? I also reset by unplugging to no avail. I have tried to reset to factory default but it doesn’t actually reset. Not sure what that’s about either.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it filling the cuvette all the way? Or taking to long to fill it?

If mine sucks up algae or something it will start to take to long to fill and I'll get the same no water sample error.

You may need to take it apart to clean it. the 4 rubber feet unscrew.

Straighten out a paper clip. And run it through the sample line, and the black plastic manifold with the 5 lines attached. The holes in the manifold are very small.

You can also use a wire twist tie, strip it down to just the wire and use it to clean the manifold.

OP
OP
Sboling

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

If mine sucks up algae or something it will start to take to long to fill and I'll get the same no water sample error.

Straighten out a paper clip. And run it through the sample line, and the black plastic manifold with the 5 lines attached. The holes in the manifold are very small.

You can also use a wire twist tie, strip it down to just the wire and use it to clean the manifold.
it does fill nearly to the top of the cuvette. I’m not sure how long it should take, but it seems to take longer than I would expect. Maybe 45 seconds to fill once it starts.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right. Does the red light beside the cuvette light up? The light shines through the water and a sensor on the otherside of the cuvette picks it up. Is the cuvette dirty or cloudy? You can remove it and soak it with vinegar.

OP
OP
Sboling

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right. Does the red light beside the cuvette light up? The light shines through the water and a sensor on the otherside of the cuvette picks it up. Is the cuvette dirty or cloudy? You can remove it and soak it with vinegar.
The light lights up red. The stirrer comes on. Fills up. When I Prime the line it fills up twice.

OP
OP
Sboling

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned the cuvette with qtips like many have on the video. It actually didn’t appear to be very dirty at all. When it initializes, it draws water in, discharges the water, then makes a couple of r2d2 noises, the magnetic stirrer goes, but it doesn’t fill then. Then it goes to error. But when priming the sample line, it fills twice. Not sure what to make of it.

OP
OP
Sboling

Sboling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the second attempt to fill the cuvette is sampling from? During initialization it pulls a sample and fills. It appears to try an second time, no liquid fills the second time and I get the error. If I prime the sample line separately it fills twice.

Jason_1982

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the second attempt to fill the cuvette is sampling from? During initialization it pulls a sample and fills. It appears to try an second time, no liquid fills the second time and I get the error. If I prime the sample line separately it fills twice.
I have the same issue. Any luck? I primed my unit a bunch with RO water in hopes to flush it. I have not taken apart the pump yet. I was avoiding that. I did clean the cuvette though. Also no obvious kinks or loose hoses.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue. Any luck? I primed my unit a bunch with RO water in hopes to flush it. I have not taken apart the pump yet. I was avoiding that. I did clean the cuvette though. Also no obvious kinks or loose hoses.

you may have to clean the plastic manifold inside the unit. I have to do this if mine sucks a piece of algae or goes dry.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back