Trident reagent

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a issue with new reagent replacement process. If so please let me know thanks.

15678096635371100908483.jpg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new procedure has nothing to do with a task. When replacing all three reagents, they ask you to run the task for replacement, then run 3 manual test and compare former numbers, then calibrate.

Modified Trident Reagent Replacement: Preface
If you have been directed to this page by the card found in your reagent kit, it is because the Trident will need a slightly modified reagent replacement method to achieve the most precise and accurate measurements.
These instructions are ONLY for when all three reagents are being changed out. If you are only replacing reagent A, simply run the replacement task for Reagent A.
The reagent replacement along with a required calibration will take 2-3 hours of time. But don’t worry, it is not required to complete the process all at once. If Trident controlled dosing is in place, then Neptune Systems recommends that the steps are completed all in the period of a single day.

ReagentSelectTask.gif

Run Reagent Replacement Task
  1. Select the task icon in Apex Fusion
  2. Scroll down to Trident Reagent Replacement
  3. Select Trident Reagent Replacement
  4. Run through onscreen prompts and instructions to replace the reagents.
DO NOT select Trident Reagent A Replacement Task. These modified instruction are only used when replacing Reagent A, B and C.

RunCmbdTest.gif

Run a Manual Test
After running the reagent replacement task, it now needs to be confirmed that the Trident is experiencing the same level of precision as it was before the reagent replacement. To confirm this the Trident will need to run three combined tests in a row.
  1. On the Trident tile found on the Apex Dashboard select the configuration gear
  2. Select Start Test- Combined
The Trident will begin testing and turn blue. When testing is complete it will turn orange. Repeat steps (1) and (2) an additional two times. It is not required these are done in quick succession or if a normally scheduled test occurs during that time.

ConfirmAlk.gif

Confirm Precision-Alkalinity
After completing three combined tests the Trident measurements will need to be inspected and their precision confirmed. To do this:
  1. Click on the Trident Dashboard Tile and select your Alkalinity graph
  2. Change the resolution to 1 Day.
  3. Confirm the last two Alkalinity tests are within +- 0.05 dKH
  4. In the example video the test results are 8.19, 8.19 and 8.13. The results of the last two tests are all within 0.05 dKH of each other.
Do NOT be concerned with what the Trident was reading BEFORE the reagent replacement

ConfirmCa.gif

Confirm Precision-Calcium
After confirming the Alkalinity, next confirm the Calcium. To do this:
  1. Click on the Trident Dashboard Tile and select your Calcium graph
  3. Confirm the last two Calcium tests are within +- 15 ppm
  4. In the example video the test results are 451, 457 and 452. The results of the last two tests are within 15 ppm of each other.
Do NOT be concerned with what the Trident was reading BEFORE the reagent replacement

ConfirmMg.gif

Confirm Precision- Magnesium
After confirming the Calcium, next confirm the Magnesium. To do this:
  1. Click on the Trident Dashboard Tile and select your Magnesium graph
  3. Confirm the last two Magnesium tests are within +- 15 ppm
  4. In the example video the test results are 1545, 1533 and 1519. These last two results are all within 15 ppm.
Although it should not be needed, if for some reason the test results were not in the usual level of precision, then Neptune Systems recommends to run one more manual test. If the results continue to demonstrate measurements outside the normal level of precision, then it is recommend to contact Neptune Systems Support for additional consultation.

TriCalibrationTsk.gif

Perform Calibration
Once the three combined tests and precision has been confirmed it is now time to calibrate the Trident to bring the measurements more in line with where they were before the reagent replacement. To do this:
  1. From the Apex Fusion Dashboard select the task icon
  2. Select the Trident Calibration Task and complete the onscreen steps.
This completes the modified Trident reagent replacement instructions.

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with this new process. It burned through 12 % of my reagents. It was running multiple tests back to back because the numbers were off and the Trident was trying to verify them. Now we have to run a days tests within an hour to get to the point of calibration as the results need to be within a certain margin of error before you're able to calibrate.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trident is telling me to replace b and c.. there seems to be no option to do that.. i have to replace all three and wast half of reagent A... what the ??? any thoughts..

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to just replace b and c .. how do i do that. ?

After physically replacing the bottles for reagent B and C, click the Trident menu to go into the Configuration page, then select to Reset B & C, and Prime B & C. Then save the settings and the Trident will prime the lines.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 3.41.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 3.42.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 3.42.27 PM.png

OP
OP
Jeff Jarry reef

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... for the info... could not find that anywhere..
That's what I do when it time to replace reagents just reset Which ever one needs replacing. And also when it shows like 8-12 % I go ahead and change them out before it tells me to. So it doesn't mess up my readings. And it has been doing great for me like that.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All I'm going to say it this.....I don't miss the days of inkjet printers.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back