Trident Testing question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
jlts21

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently purchased and setup my trident. I know exactly what you mean . What i did was after the 3rd morning i manually tested everything with Red Sea Test Kit and compared all my results to the Trident. My Calcium was WAYYY high on the trident in the trident as it had been and magnesium was showing a bit low. Alkalinity was showing an entire PPM the it actually was. upon calibration which took about an hour to get the actual numbers on the bottle, i then ran a secondary test on my sump water and all my parameters tested within range fo my manual kit. SO in SHORT CALIBRATE, hope that helps.
That's great to hear. After the test run at midnight last night, it appears to have leveled out. Maybe just needed a "break in" period??? But I will definitely keep that in mind and may just run manual tests this weekend and see where they compare with the Trident and calibrate if need be

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear. After the test run at midnight last night, it appears to have leveled out. Maybe just needed a "break in" period??? But I will definitely keep that in mind and may just run manual tests this weekend and see where they compare with the Trident and calibrate if need be
Have you not calibrated the trident yet?

OP
OP
jlts21

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you not calibrated the trident yet?
No, it said to wait to calibrate it to ensure that all aspects of the trident are operating properly so I was waiting. And also that the Trident comes calibrated from the factory and not to expect drastic changes in your measurements. With it only fluctuating 15-20ppm (has +/- 15ppm) I didn’t feel that calibration was necessary. Just wanted to find out if people were having a similar situation with it.
When I initially set it up I checked with my manual tests and it was spot on and continued to be when I checked manually. But when it wasn’t fluctuating until last week I didn’t think there was an issue

OP
OP
jlts21

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been set up?
this week is the third week
*EDIT* I wasn't having the larger fluctuations up until 11/29. Before that there were slight fluctuations of 4 or 5ppm so I didn't think I needed to calibrate it after the initial 72 hours

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back