Trident waiting list - disappointed, but understand

• Thread starter User1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, it would be nice if we could consider our fellow reefers, and only purchase what is needed personally, to allow others a chance to buy one.
Also, the thing that's going to stop this is when people stop paying $900 for one from somebody that paid $600 just to flip it. Make em eat that $600 if they only bought it to resell for more money

Justintegra99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you don't share your experiences, we can't improve on them. I definitely get the frustration. This has been a tough product release due to the overwhelming popularity coupled with a limited supply. We had hoped to fix the issues caused by the insanely fast sellout by creating a wait list, but as you saw, that list blew up faster than anticipated. Unfortunately without an unlimited supply of Tridents, I think there was bound to be frustration at one point or another.

At this point we realized that the list was not sustainable for a number of reasons, primarily due to the sheer size that it grew to and the amount of time it would take to contact each person at the rate units have been coming in. After the fact, I think we realize we should have closed the list down a bit sooner.

So bottom line, I really appreciate the spirit in which you've provided feedback, and please know that it matters to us and we'll be working to do better. I'm still hopeful that the situation with the Tridents will start to improve in the near future!

-Zack@BRS
Can you tell us a rough number on how many you get getting a week? Are you getting 10-15 a week? 40-50 a week?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell us a rough number on how many you get getting a week? Are you getting 10-15 a week? 40-50 a week?
Even if they give you an answer it will be lies. Just like they lied to me a couple weeks ago when they said they were working through the list and would have it completed by the end of the year.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS X100!

Problem is while they don't want people to do this, they just completely opened the doors to people who will and basically shafted everyone they told would get one at some point if they were on the list. Sustainability of the list is irrelevant as long as you keep working through it and honoring what you set out to do. I feel like BRS is getting too chummy with Neptune and picking up some of there HORRIBLE business tactics.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were told that too? Hmm that’s odd
Did your email look anything like this...
Screenshot_20191019-232252_Email.jpg

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply has burned their bridge with me. I will never purchase another thing from them. I don't care if I pay more. I'd rather support an honest company than one that pulls shady stuff like this.

Flyin High

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total and complete BS! No reason or explanation needed for the shady way BRS handled this. If they never intended to honor the way they designed the signup list then it never should have been created. Shame on BRS for doing this and making people wait since day one to find out they were just going to add the, to their site since it was easier for them. My business is off to MARINE DEPOT regardless of who is cheaper.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to purchase mine from Marine Depot, and I am switching to them with all my purchases. I do not want to get into details, but BRS lost all their credibility with me. Very disappointed with the company, which does so many great things for reefing community.

Last edited:

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a live sale from R2R (keep hitting F5 to refresh!!!!). Seems like it would be simple to just "back-order" it. If I'm willing to pay now and wait till it's in stock what's the big deal? You could limit qty to 1 per househould that way.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a live sale from R2R (keep hitting F5 to refresh!!!!). Seems like it would be simple to just "back-order" it. If I'm willing to pay now and wait till it's in stock what's the big deal? You could limit qty to 1 per househould that way.
That's exactly my point. If everybody has one ordered and already paid for (just waiting to receive theirs), it'll make those people that bought them to flip for $1,000 eat the initial $600 they spent

Heathd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys might be better off going through a local store. I recognize that's not an option for all of you, but I know the ones around me receive shipments and call the customers that have paid in advance to come pick them up. Yes, there is a wait, but its no worse then the wait you're likely experiencing now. You also get to support your local fish store for an item that is 1) MAP priced, and 2) BRS charges sales tax now. The argument of better pricing is removed...

Also, BRS really leaned forward and tried to do y'all a solid by starting a list. If they had never started it, you'd all be in the same boat you're in now, hitting refresh on vendor's website hoping to be the fastest at checkout. The other side of that coin is BRS potentially burned customers who were unaware of a wait list and patiently waiting for stock to appear on their site. They got stuck in a tough spot unfortunately, but their intent was at least good.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, BRS really leaned forward and tried to do y'all a solid by starting a list. If they had never started it, you'd all be in the same boat you're in now, hitting refresh on vendor's website hoping to be the fastest at checkout.
That is only partially true......if the list never existed with BRS, I would have had my name on every list available, across all vendors. I only had my name on BRS list because it was supposed to be a sure thing, and I liked doing business with BRS. Now that the list has been dissolved, I am forced to start over in my search and get on every list out there....which I guess is what I should have done to begin with. I just wrongly assumed that eventually my name would be called so I didn't worry about picking one up anywhere else.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back