Trident waste reservoir and tray

Detour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Trident. will sit on top of my tank - on the canopy. I don't. mind it being visible. However, I would like an equally visually appealing waste container and a tray it could sit in (raised to be able to open the pull out tray) as liquid containment in the event of a leak. I've been looking for a solution - but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Anyone have any suggestions?

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Welcome!
Another one sucked in
spongebob what should theatre call me GIF

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if it’s going on top of a wooden canopy, why not make a wooden box and lace it with a shower liner inside. It’ll blend in and look somewhat good.

OP
OP
D

Detour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if it’s going on top of a wooden canopy, why not make a wooden box and lace it with a shower liner inside. It’ll blend in and look somewhat good.
I'm leaning towards an acrylic tray, possible use of egg crate or other similar option to raise the Trident itself. My LFS has a source that is making acrylic trays for stands and has me intrigued as to similar options for the Trident and waste reservoir.

The size of the tray, however, is dependent on the reservoir - and so far, I haven't found the size or top access for what I had in mind (most are too tall and designed for ease of putting liquid in, not for cleaning waste material out.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards an acrylic tray, possible use of egg crate or other similar option to raise the Trident itself. My LFS has a source that is making acrylic trays for stands and has me intrigued as to similar options for the Trident and waste reservoir.

The size of the tray, however, is dependent on the reservoir - and so far, I haven't found the size or top access for what I had in mind (most are too tall and designed for ease of putting liquid in, not for cleaning waste material out.
Couldn’t you make one? Go to your hardware store and you could literally make your idea.

OP
OP
D

Detour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn’t you make one? Go to your hardware store and you could literally make your idea.
Looking into online resources for working with acrylic... yes, it would be doable. But I don't have a local source for black or grey acrylic and after looking at various online resources for building an acrylic box, I also don't have all of the needed tools (not that I need an excuse for tools)....

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waste line on the trident is pretty unobtrusive .... why not just run it down to the sump and put a container there. Or use your skimmer waste collector, if you use one. That's what I do.

OP
OP
D

Detour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waste line on the trident is pretty unobtrusive .... why not just run it down to the sump and put a container there. Or use your skimmer waste collector, if you use one. That's what I do.
I'd need to extend it. My original plan was to have the waste container on the floor next to the tank - but the included line doesn't reach from the Trident on the top of the canopy to the floor. And I didn't think they were supposed to be extended.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can extend it, you just need to have an air gap at the transition.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s right, sample line can’t be extended. The garbage line can be, plus it’s going downward too. So you won’t have any problems that way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back