OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted an updated FTS in three months. Corals are still growing. Not too bad for IO salt and eight months.
IMG_8855.jpg

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October
IMG_2980.jpg
May
IMG_8861.jpg
Awesome tank!!! I. So glad I found your build thread. I am currently having a new house built and I'm planning a 180 in wall build and it will be in the entry way of our front door (dining room on right...my study/fish room on left. I was planning to have it in my study wall out to the corner that starts the living area. Anyways...was wondering if you could share some photos as it is now showing the construction part of the build with some details on how you framed it to show front back and the one end. That's exactly how I want mine. Also if you could show how the access panels above are made that would be amazing. Again very nice setup man....I'll be following this thread for sure.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank!!! I. So glad I found your build thread. I am currently having a new house built and I'm planning a 180 in wall build and it will be in the entry way of our front door (dining room on right...my study/fish room on left. I was planning to have it in my study wall out to the corner that starts the living area. Anyways...was wondering if you could share some photos as it is now showing the construction part of the build with some details on how you framed it to show front back and the one end. That's exactly how I want mine. Also if you could show how the access panels above are made that would be amazing. Again very nice setup man....I'll be following this thread for sure.
Sure, its late tonight but I can snap some pics of the door opening and the framing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing bro!

rainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread! I’m in the Tacoma area and have my tank being delivered tomorrow. So excited to begin my build. Haven’t even looked into the local scene as of yet.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up removing the two fastest growing birdsnest colonies to make room for some new frags I picked up at the LFS sale last month. I also added a DIY chaeto reactor to help offgas the calcium reactor. It was so efficient that within 48 hours of running it stripped the PO4 and NO3 to such low levels that some of the SPS tips were burning with a Dkh of 10.9. I'm only running it 8 hours a day now.
IMG_9050.jpg
IMG_9078.jpg
IMG_9061.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back