Tried using the EcoSmart Live app to program? Results?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rsav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! As I mentioned above, let's get a new thread posted about improvements we'd like to see in the mobile programming features. We could finally see what we want out of that function! [emoji106]

Thanks!

The mobile app needs to be more intuitive. Make 'Feed Mode' and 'Schedule Mode' into large buttons, instead of text and a calendar icon. There are other things too.

I would have recommended just doing a web app, browser based, instead of mobile app. If it's better in the browser on your laptop versus a mobile app then it should be used via browser on mobile too. Neptune has the right idea with browser anywhere apex fusion. Mobile apps dumb things down and will eventually go the way of the ring tone.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The topic of using the ESL app to program lights and pumps came up recently in another thread. Most of the discussion centered around how difficult mobile/tablet programming can be with the app.

If you have any thoughts and/or recommendations about ways to improve the programming aspect of the ESL app, please share below. ;)

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the ESL app is a great start for a platform. I think there are some parts that are not so intuitive such as the startup screen. Specifically I would like to open the app and see the list of my ecotech products on a dashboard with their current status. For instance, I would like to see on the opening page that my 2 mp40s are on reefcrest and 40% and my M1 is functing normally at 33% and my lights are at 40% brightness and my backup is connected and charged. PLEASE KEEP THE FEED MODE BUTTON ON THE HOME SCREEN! That is so useful.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can definitely agree with the homepage becoming a snapshot of my product's current status. Especially for those of us with 4+ products or several systems. [emoji106]

sevens_up77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I programmed my new gen 3 pro and a minute after the program starts the light turns off, whether it is connected via usb or not. What am I doing wrong?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back