Trigger emerald 34 sump No filter socks

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
439
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it’s a age old debates, no socks or use socks.

Well my question is other then socks, filter cup or roller mat, does anyone put something else in the sock chamber?

Reason I ask is getting socks in and out of the sump is a challenge and I am not in the position to “try” a filter roller

I want to try to use my fuge and water changes as the biggest nutrient removal

Could u put bio media or rubble rock in the sock holder? Maybe some filter pad? Something that would be either leave it and forget it or easier removal compared to the socks
 
In my frag system, I use this product: https://amzn.to/4blN00U because it's cheap enough and the quantity is large enough that you can just throw it away, cut a new piece to size, and replace it. Way easier than cleaning socks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new