Status
Not open for further replies.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their an inch and 1/4 each.. ive had a 2 and a half inch tang in a 45 gallon breeder they did just fine, let alone these guys been in a 30 gallon all their life at that fish store, its been 4 months, their tank rasied if anything i can always go bigger.

Compare it to this: Try living in your closet for the next 4 months, I'm sure you would survive, but do you think you would be happy?

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just know that blue throat picaso is reef save,but if you have any snails ... you have to say good bye to them.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their been together forever with no live rock and no sand. i personally think theyd enjoy it.
They won't enjoy it at all! We're talking about fish that shouldn't be housed in a 30L no matter what size they are.
Here's where you should be looking http://m.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124
Even with Nano fish were talking maybe 4 fish depending on witch ones you pick and if you aquire some more filtration. Also they should be introduced 1or 2 at a time in a new tank.

No I have a 1 cave system with 3 rocks. Equals around 9 pounds. I'm just getting 20 chromis I just ordered and 2 clownfish.
9 pounds of live rock and no skimmer. Nuff said.... nano fish only
Also I really hope your just joking about buying 20 chromis and 2 clowns? Your tanks close to stocked with just 2 clowns! With your current filtration that may be to much.
I'm not getting a trigger lst thing I would wanna do is stress them. I'm getting a smaller naso tang and yellow tang and a regal tang with 2 clownfish xD.
Why do you say things like this ^^^ and then not listen to the advice people on here are giving you? If you need to come on here for advise on stocking fish then you should listen to the experience of others.
My tank is 3 days away from its first week so I still got a week left for a water change. After that I'm going to add some clean up crews and let them do their jobs, then next week get a clownfish or a chromis or damsel?
Ahhh getting a clean up crew! That's the best idea you've had. Don't get to many though because there won't be much to eat in there yet.
I'd say a couple hermits and a couple snails will suffice and also allow you to "test the waters"

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amit there's no one here trying to give you a hard time they're just telling you that a tank as small as 30 gallons can't handle much more than two or three fish that don't grow over two inches. The two clown fish, depending on variety is probably a full stocking on a 30 gallon tank so I'm left wondering what you plan on doing with 20 chromis that will require at least a 100 gallon tank to house. I'd also like to know where you came by the information that your tank will be cycled and ready for fish by week two or at least that's my take on what you were saying. A skilled aquarist with the right support equipment might manage that feat but for the rest of us six to eight weeks is the norm. After that time it's a good idea to add fish one at a time allowing a week or so between additions for the bacteria. Do you have a sump and skimmer or just a tank and hob filter?

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't enjoy it at all! We're talking about fish that shouldn't be housed in a 30L no matter what size they are.
Here's where you should be looking http://m.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124
Even with Nano fish were talking maybe 4 fish depending on witch ones you pick and if you aquire some more filtration. Also they should be introduced 1or 2 at a time in a new tank.

9 pounds of live rock and no skimmer. Nuff said.... nano fish only
Also I really hope your just joking about buying 20 chromis and 2 clowns? Your tanks close to stocked with just 2 clowns! With your current filtration that may be to much.

Why do you say things like this ^^^ and then not listen to the advice people on here are giving you? If you need to come on here for advise on stocking fish then you should listen to the experience of others.

Ahhh getting a clean up crew! That's the best idea you've had. Don't get to many though because there won't be much to eat in there yet.
I'd say a couple hermits and a couple snails will suffice and also allow you to "test the waters"
gosh i hate you people, im experienced in this of course i wouldnt get the tangs or triggers lol. im planning on cycling the tank with either 2 damsels or 3 chromis. then a clownfish , lawnmower bleeny, and maybe a clown goby and or a pink damsel calm down guy

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amit there's no one here trying to give you a hard time they're just telling you that a tank as small as 30 gallons can't handle much more than two or three fish that don't grow over two inches. The two clown fish, depending on variety is probably a full stocking on a 30 gallon tank so I'm left wondering what you plan on doing with 20 chromis that will require at least a 100 gallon tank to house. I'd also like to know where you came by the information that your tank will be cycled and ready for fish by week two or at least that's my take on what you were saying. A skilled aquarist with the right support equipment might manage that feat but for the rest of us six to eight weeks is the norm. After that time it's a good idea to add fish one at a time allowing a week or so between additions for the bacteria. Do you have a sump and skimmer or just a tank and hob filter?
i have a hob aquaclear with bio balls and nitrate remover pad.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gosh i hate you people, im experienced in this of course i wouldnt get the tangs or triggers lol. im planning on cycling the tank with either 2 damsels or 3 chromis. then a clownfish , lawnmower bleeny, and maybe a clown goby and or a pink damsel calm down guy

Based on this entire thread and others you've started, I don't see how we are supposed to know your experienced with this hobby. I can't tell if you started this thread as a joke or not. When you type things sarcasm doesn't show in the text. Everything you've said has honestly made everyone assume your very new to this. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say your experienced and your going to cycle your tank with 2 damsels or 3 chromis in the same sentence???
You can hate me all you want that's irrelevant to what I'm saying. You may have some "experience" in freshwater but very little in salt water. You can't stick 100 fish in a salt water tank and expect good results and you don't cycle a tank with a live fish imo it's mean and unnecessary.
Lastly I'm not trying to harp on you even though it may seem like it. I'm only trying to get you to understand you should take the advice people are giving you. There's many reefers on here with tons of experience and coming on a open forum asking for help and then being argumentative about every and all advice never works out.
Good luck and happy reefing

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had several freshwater tanks, never used any bio balls. I think they can be used to both fresh and salt, but not really a reef tank things. More like a saltwater fish only, freshwater tanks. Regardless, that's would not take care of 100 fresh or salt. Sorry
That's why I wrote saltwater/reeftank :)
I think he implied that the 100 fish was a joke?

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a crosshatch trigger fish i see a few of them in some reef builds.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a crosshatch trigger fish i see a few of them in some reef builds.
No trigger fish or tangs in 30 gallons of water, especially with just a power filter. That would be fine for a little nano tank. The fish he wants, or says he wants, that's at least a 180 gallon tank. Cross hatch can/will get big.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is obviously just a troll. Ask advice, argue about advice given.

Let's all move along and let Amit put a beluga whale in his 30 gallon.

Here's what you want to hear.....go buy some triggers and tangs and put them in a 30 gallon. First, make sure to cycle the tank with live fish. This is the responsible thing to do and it will work out well. Now go the the fish store and get buying. How's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back