Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks for the replies guys. I pay this picasso tigger fish around 2 inches at the fish store that all their saltwater fishes are in 30 gallon longs. Just wanted something to pop? And ideas?
The only reason they're in such smal ltanks is because they're gonna get bought by someone and removed from it. That is definitely not a permanent housing.

I don't understand why so few people are pointing out that 30 gallons is at least 100 gallons too small for most of the fish you're suggesting

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason they're in such smal ltanks is because they're gonna get bought by someone and removed from it. That is definitely not a permanent housing.

I don't understand why so few people are pointing out that 30 gallons is at least 100 gallons too small for most of the fish you're suggesting
Cool down a little bit. Lol

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A large tank of all nano fish would be nice too.
My future build is gonna have a harlequin tusk and then all other fish are gonna be less than 5"
IMO when you look at a natural reef, you just see the big fish swimming about. But when you get up close to the rock you see the smaller life forms, that's what a reef tank is, up close.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My future build is gonna have a harlequin tusk and then all other fish are gonna be less than 5"
IMO when you look at a natural reef, you just see the big fish swimming about. But when you get up close to the rock you see the smaller life forms, that's what a reef tank is, up close.
That is true. I want a golden sailfin blenny. It is not as easy to find the golden like black sailfin blenny. Liveaquaria.com has then sometimes. Hopefully I will be able to find one when I am ready.
Screenshot_2015-08-06-21-12-12.png
Screenshot_2015-08-06-23-54-22.png

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they might have a juvenile on Divers den right now, but they tend to sell pretty quick though.
[HASHTAG]#thisthreadisgettingderailedletsstop[/HASHTAG]
I can't buy from divers den, if I ever see one in Canada I'll snatch it up

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[HASHTAG]#thisthreadisgettingderailedletsstop[/HASHTAG]
I can't buy from divers den, if I ever see one in Canada I'll snatch it up
Awe, they don't ship to canada? I have a pal in here that's about to start his aquaculture facility, maybe I can ask him to find one for me one day.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread reminds me of a Youtube video I saw. The guy had a 14 gallon Biocube and added some bacteria to it and insisted it was instantly cycled. He went out and bought 14 ...yes 14 fish and added them all right away.

OP, sorry if some of these posts sound harsh, but some of us feel it is important to explain how important it is to get the fish "right" for your tank. In all honesty, putting a big fish in an extremely small tank, is like getting a Great Dane and keeping him locked up in a studio apartment all day. Yes, we know its "just fish", but they are living things plucked out of their ocean home for almighty dollar. It is important that hobbyists try their best to give them proper homes. Look at wild reef videos on Youtube, you will soon realize how cruel it is to put fish in any size tank.

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their an inch and 1/4 each.. ive had a 2 and a half inch tang in a 45 gallon breeder they did just fine, let alone these guys been in a 30 gallon all their life at that fish store, its been 4 months, their tank rasied if anything i can always go bigger.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have your mind made up. We gave you advice. Its cruel and maybe they get along now, but once they start establishing themselves, they will go after each other, get ICH and infect your whole tank. Good luck.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just the one 8lb rock?

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have a 1 cave system with 3 rocks. Equals around 9 pounds. I'm just getting 20 chromis I just ordered and 2 clownfish.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
their an inch and 1/4 each.. ive had a 2 and a half inch tang in a 45 gallon breeder they did just fine, let alone these guys been in a 30 gallon all their life at that fish store, its been 4 months, their tank rasied if anything i can always go bigger.

I had a naso tang, a powder blue tang, a Picasso trigger, and a Niger trigger in a 90 gallon. They outgrew it pretty quickly. Now they live in my 220.

Point is, don't buy any of these for a 30 gallon. Bad idea and cruel. I would not put a naso tang in anything less that a 220 and I feel mine is getting too big for that!

Please listen to the advice people are giving you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back