Trigger Fish

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i'm new here , i'm just wondering if any one here keeps Triggerfish like myself as i have a question i need an answer to that i can not find any where . As i have found for some reason no matter where you look online, books ect the is very little that focus on triggerfish and i can not understand why. As to me i love them size , colour behaviour ect please get in touch if you know about these fish please.
Thanks guys.
Ashley.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i'm new here , i'm just wondering if any one here keeps Triggerfish like myself as i have a question i need an answer to that i can not find any where . As i have found for some reason no matter where you look online, books ect the is very little that focus on triggerfish and i can not understand why. As to me i love them size , colour behaviour ect please get in touch if you know about these fish please.
Thanks guys.
Ashley.
Ask away Ashley, many here house triggers in both reefs and fish only systems.

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a Niger trigger in my reef for years. It eats like a pig. It bullied my later added blue throat trigger to death in a few days, but otherwise doesn’t bother my other fish. The only thing I have to be careful of is that he bites me when I feed the tank.

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a Niger trigger in my reef for years. It eats like a pig. It bullied my later added blue throat trigger to death in a few days, but otherwise doesn’t bother my other fish. The only thing I have to be careful of is that he bites me when I feed the tank.
I have a Clown trigger , who actually today for the first time has started to squirt water at me for his food!!! he is about 5 inch , the other trigger i love is the blue jigsaw and im wondering about the two together or do i need to pay another fortune for another huge tank i will have no space to move in my house soon lol
Thank you for you reply,
I know what you mean about the feeding you have to be so carefull,
sometimes i think im a bit careless with my hands in there,
because no matter how much i think he likes me he will bite !

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about your trigger , all the triggers in my eyes are beautiful creatures, they do have an amazing appetite, which i love because my clown trigger will not let anything sink to the bottom . The blue triggers are lovely . Would you ever keep any more triggers?
Ashley.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I get into reef tank, I have clown trigger and other triggers for many years. My clown trigger grown from one inch to about a foot long in about 4 years. Clown trigger is my favor trigger fish if you ask me. I feed my trigger lettuce once a week and he love it so much and he will squirt water at me too all the time.

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I get into reef tank, I have clown trigger and other triggers for many years. My clown trigger grown from one inch to about a foot long in about 4 years. Clown trigger is my favor trigger fish if you ask me. I feed my trigger lettuce once a week and he love it so much and he will squirt water at me too all the time.
I cant believe mine done it for the first time today!! i feed mine all sorts of meat he will eat anything i think twice a day mine is about 5 inch i have a reef tank with tangs ect which i love. But triggers are my favourite!! thats amazing a foot long! i cant wait for mine to grow , i love the clown trigger and the blue jigsaw are my favourites but i still like all the rest
Ashley.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe mine done it for the first time today!! i feed mine all sorts of meat he will eat anything i think twice a day mine is about 5 inch i have a reef tank with tangs ect which i love. But triggers are my favourite!! thats amazing a foot long! i cant wait for mine to grow , i love the clown trigger and the blue jigsaw are my favourites but i still like all the rest
Ashley.
Soon you will have to wear raincoat whenever you come close to the tank. I think triggerfish are very smart animals and they are not afraid of anyone come close to them. If you have submersible heater in the tank, you have to watch out, your trigger will bite on the cable.

OP
OP
A

Ashley1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon you will have to wear raincoat whenever you come close to the tank. I think triggerfish are very smart animals and they are not afraid of anyone come close to them. If you have submersible heater in the tank, you have to watch out, your trigger will bite on the cable.
Thanks for the warning , all my equipment is in the sump in cabinet underneath (incase).

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I just came upon this post.....I decided I wanted a different kind of fish, and picked up a tiny 1 inch Picasso triggerfish today from my LFS....eats like a pig and not shy. My Leopard wrasses kept poking at him for a bit out of curiosity, but no aggression.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I too have triggers and have had others and they are categorized as predator group in some cases why you may not see them listed commonly amongst marine fish

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back