Trigger happy….

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last additions to my 625g (7 1/2 foot long) FOWLR (land of the angels and tangs with a paddle fin rainbow wrasse and some clowns thrown in) will be 3 triggers. The clown, Huma Picasso and niger triggers will come out of their 55g QT tank on 12/30. So far they’re doing ok together in QT. Clown and niger are 3 1/2 inches, Huma 2 1/2. My guess is having them grow up together will increase dramatically the chances for success.

What do you think about the potential for long term success of having the 3 of them together from adolescent to eternity?

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They’ll compete for food but should do well
Niger- docile
Humu- moody , eats inverts
Clown- can be aggressive

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be a ok. Those 3 together in that size tank will be no problem. The niger will be double that size in a couple of years while the clown grows much slower, and the picasso painfully slow. The niger is one of the few fish I've had to reach it's full wild size of 12", a male will have streamers over 3" if they don't get nipped off.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I would throw in a Hawaiian black trigger for good measure. Why have 3 when you can have four?

triggers are my favorite fish.
Oh blue line triggers are so beautiful too. But they grow so fast.

when I started out I had bursa, huma, and blue line all together. Sadly my first tank was to small and within a year I had part ways with 2 of them. They are so active and personable. But with your size of tank you open the doors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I would throw in a Hawaiian black trigger for good measure. Why have 3 when you can have four?

when I started out I had bursa, huma, and blue line all together. Sadly my first tank was to small and within a year I had part ways with 2 of them. They are so active and personable. But with your size of tank you open the doors.
Thx but i already have some angels and tangs that will get real big ie: Queen and emperor angels, hippo and blonde naso tangs to name a few. So these 3 triggers should be able to live happily with some room to rome!

I should mention that I have 3 less aggressive triggers, a pair of blue throats and a sargassum/red tail, going into my 6 1/2 foot 240 Red Sea reefer soon. So I will have 6 triggers but in 2 different tanks. .

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back