Trigger is all beat up

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
they have been happy for months only thing that was different I put one of them 3D printed food defroster where you put the frozen food in and it slowly releases into the water so it’s not a sudden rush of food do you think maybe tang or clowns got abit territorial with the food supply? but why would it just be the trigger that got picked on?
I don’t believe fighting over the feeder but I’ve seen my tangs go after Niger trigger and harlequin over a lousy pellet from auto feeder and having breeder clowns, they go after any fish

OP
OP
Daniel225

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe fighting over the feeder but I’ve seen my tangs go after Niger trigger and harlequin over a lousy pellet from auto feeder and having breeder clowns, they go after any fish
could be never seen it personally though tang is small and is one of the more timid fish in the tank clowns have always had scraps with each other but not towards anyone else it was always the trigger that was the bully nothing really phased him he knew he was was the king of the tank he even lunged at me when I put my hand in to scrape algae from the glass when I did my water change the other day that’s why I was convinced that he must of got stuck in a cave that he couldn’t get out and he had to push himself out and got tore up that way maybe it was a food dispute I’m not sure just wish I would of been home to see whats been happening among them all

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
could be never seen it personally though tang is small and is one of the more timid fish in the tank clowns have always had scraps with each other but not towards anyone else it was always the trigger that was the bully nothing really phased him he knew he was was the king of the tank he even lunged at me when I put my hand in to scrape algae from the glass when I did my water change the other day that’s why I was convinced that he must of got stuck in a cave that he couldn’t get out and he had to push himself out and got tore up that way maybe it was a food dispute I’m not sure just wish I would of been home to see whats been happening among them all
As they wedge themselves in rock structure and dart for the rocks which is typical, I saw this as excessive damage. Right now its guesswork versus actual occurrence

Last edited:

MischiefReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A security camera is only $30-50 on Amazon, and only takes about 5 minutes to set up. You can get a visual check on your tank remotely. Plug in a microSD and now you’ve got potentially weeks worth of recorded footage. Food for thought!

OP
OP
Daniel225

Daniel225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway to humanly “put him down” sort of speak? He has come right to the very front of the glass and i can see some big open nasty wounds if he can feel 1/10 of how it looks to me he must be in a world of pain poor thing i snapped a photo but am reluctant to share it i just want to relief the pain for him

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anyway to humanly “put him down” sort of speak? He has come right to the very front of the glass and i can see some big open nasty wounds if he can feel 1/10 of how it looks to me he must be in a world of pain poor thing i snapped a photo but am reluctant to share it i just want to relief the pain for him
I understand and if you must, I catch and flush (gosh, thats been years but you can also place in sandwich bag and place in freezer until garbage day

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back