Trigger Platinum sump

Rubicon121562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the large Trigger Platinum sump. My question is the fleece roller guides themselves. Mine have all these white crusty dots on them making them like sand paper. These guide tubes down inside fleece chamber ( 3 of them) are what the fleece ride behind. Can they be removed and cleaned ????? It is putting stress on the free movement of the fleece material I believe. I mean..I can manually PULL it through..NO obstructions along fleece path..yet feel hard resistance somewhat ..hard to describe...just not perfectly smooth. This puts undo stress on motor gears etc...and I cracked a tooth gear. Got the new gear. Short of sticking my hand down in there and sloooooowly rotating EACH roller guide... just want to know if they can be removed..I don't want to break them. Any advice would be helpful. It has been running for 6 months..210G display.
Thanks
Chris

rc4kinu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean. It’s like calcium buildup or mini barnacles growing on those grey rollers. Next time you need to replace a roll you can try using sharp edge of your algae magnet cleaners or a magic eraser and rub it across the roller. I don’t think they are removable without cracking them.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back