Trigger Platinum Sump

frackingawesome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help with my trigger platinum sump. It is the big one and I had a jam that broke gears off both the dirty fleece spool as well as the drive gear. I need to replace both parts. I have reached out to trigger on their website but have not gotten a response.

Is there a direct phone number or support email address I should be emailing? I am willing to pay for the parts, but I can't find them on their website or get a response from the company.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help with my trigger platinum sump. It is the big one and I had a jam that broke gears off both the dirty fleece spool as well as the drive gear. I need to replace both parts. I have reached out to trigger on their website but have not gotten a response.

Is there a direct phone number or support email address I should be emailing? I am willing to pay for the parts, but I can't find them on their website or get a response from the company.
I had a trigger sump platinum and had issues with the control board and float switches, they did take a little bit to respond within a week I think it was, but after emailing back and forth he even sent me extra parts in case it happens again. So although a little slower they did provide great support.

Here are the emails I used to reach out to them:

[email protected]
[email protected]

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to hear how this has ended (or not)?

I'm about 20-months into a Trigger Platinum sump. Roughly 6-months ago I completely replaced their float switches and drive control with optical and Hydros Drive Port for the motor drive itself.

But my issue continues to be the lack of any way to remove the mechanical components (rollers, guides etc.) from the fleece compartment for cleaning. The last communication I had with Trigger was via email where they confirmed nothing is removeable and there is no way to service that section.

I have NEVER been able to have a phone call with Trigger. Even after many consecutive emails back and forth on initial shipping damage and warranty issues, they have always refused to converse via phone. They only exist via email and they won't continue to exist in my systems much longer.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to hear how this has ended (or not)?

I'm about 20-months into a Trigger Platinum sump. Roughly 6-months ago I completely replaced their float switches and drive control with optical and Hydros Drive Port for the motor drive itself.

But my issue continues to be the lack of any way to remove the mechanical components (rollers, guides etc.) from the fleece compartment for cleaning. The last communication I had with Trigger was via email where they confirmed nothing is removeable and there is no way to service that section.

I have NEVER been able to have a phone call with Trigger. Even after many consecutive emails back and forth on initial shipping damage and warranty issues, they have always refused to converse via phone. They only exist via email and they won't continue to exist in my systems much longer.
I’ve spoken to them as well about that and they told me none are removable :(. I had issues where the rollers would get stuck and start messing up the fleece had to just clean it in-place.

Although I loved the sump there were quiet a few design changes that would be great. When I upgraded I ended up just going with Klir7 and they have been working amazingly well monies little hiccups here and there but I like the fact that I remove it from sump and takes me 5-10min to have it fully cleaned head to toe

The ongoing battle in your reef: Is there a nuisance algae that is hard to get rid of for you?

• I always struggle with nuisance algae.

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • I occasionally struggle with nuisance algae.

Votes: 82 42.7%
  • I rarely struggle with nuisance algae.

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • I never struggle with nuisance algae.

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.2%
Back