Trigger question

mpatterson42

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Messages
681
Reaction score
754
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video:



Saw this Trigger (I think it's a Picasso) at the LFS about a month ago and noticed it seemed pretty thin with a pinched belly. I talked to the person there he said said it's been eating fine (he event put some food in the tank for me to see) they're not sure why it's not getting fatter. Went by again today and noticed it still has a pinched belly.

I'm actually planning on picking up a trigger for my 180 gallon and was thinking of getting this one but I'm definitely concerned about disease possibility. I would do a full QT of copper and prazi, but I'm a little hesitant to buy a fish that looks like it may have some kind of disease already.
 
Video:



Saw this Trigger (I think it's a Picasso) at the LFS about a month ago and noticed it seemed pretty thin with a pinched belly. I talked to the person there he said said it's been eating fine (he event put some food in the tank for me to see) they're not sure why it's not getting fatter. Went by again today and noticed it still has a pinched belly.

I'm actually planning on picking up a trigger for my 180 gallon and was thinking of getting this one but I'm definitely concerned about disease possibility. I would do a full QT of copper and prazi, but I'm a little hesitant to buy a fish that looks like it may have some kind of disease already.
This looks to be a Humu Humu Trigger and a pinched belly not unusual with this type of fish. Feed it meaty foods
 
Video:



Saw this Trigger (I think it's a Picasso) at the LFS about a month ago and noticed it seemed pretty thin with a pinched belly. I talked to the person there he said said it's been eating fine (he event put some food in the tank for me to see) they're not sure why it's not getting fatter. Went by again today and noticed it still has a pinched belly.

I'm actually planning on picking up a trigger for my 180 gallon and was thinking of getting this one but I'm definitely concerned about disease possibility. I would do a full QT of copper and prazi, but I'm a little hesitant to buy a fish that looks like it may have some kind of disease already.

Don’t buy this fish - it’s too thin and has likely used its liver up for energy. I’ve seen these show up thin like this before - that may be due to cyanide collection, because the Hawaiian ones never get thin like this, but that area is closed to collection now.
 
Don’t buy this fish - it’s too thin and has likely used its liver up for energy. I’ve seen these show up thin like this before - that may be due to cyanide collection, because the Hawaiian ones never get thin like this, but that area is closed to collection now.
Thanks, I was on the fence but figured I'd post in case it wasn't a big deal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new