Trigger Ruby 36 Sump Filter Cup?

paradizecityz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Messages
227
Reaction score
118
Location
Richmond, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of upgrading my current eshopp rs-200 sump to a Trigger Ruby 36 sump as I found a pretty good deal locally. I hate filter socks, is there a filter cup that fits these Trigger sumps? I'm trying to find something but not finding much info...
 
I'm thinking of upgrading my current eshopp rs-200 sump to a Trigger Ruby 36 sump as I found a pretty good deal locally. I hate filter socks, is there a filter cup that fits these Trigger sumps? I'm trying to find something but not finding much info...
You need to buy a filter cup. Ruby 36" will have a hole for two 4" cups. They come with 4" socks new.
 
I'm thinking of upgrading my current eshopp rs-200 sump to a Trigger Ruby 36 sump as I found a pretty good deal locally. I hate filter socks, is there a filter cup that fits these Trigger sumps? I'm trying to find something but not finding much info...
Yes and on both Amazon and eBay
 
I'm thinking of upgrading my current eshopp rs-200 sump to a Trigger Ruby 36 sump as I found a pretty good deal locally. I hate filter socks, is there a filter cup that fits these Trigger sumps? I'm trying to find something but not finding much info...

Just in case you weren’t aware, Trigger has a section on their website where they sell blemished sumps and ato reservoirs. They just have a cosmetic issue and come with full warranty. I’ve ordered two ato reservoirs and I got the Sapphire 34 sump for $310 instead of the $500+ it retails for. Also shipping is included.

https://www.triggersys.com/ts/blemished/
 
justbin case you weren’t aware, Trigger has a section on their website where they sell blemished sumps and ato reservoirs. They just have a cosmetic issue and come with full warranty. I’ve ordered two ato reservoirs and I got the Sapphire 34 sump for $310 instead of the $500+ it retails for. Also shipping is included.
Did the same with the current ruby 20c, heck of a deal.
 
They fit, be prepared to mod... Or in my case some creative piping. Klirs and drop in style wont fit.

Maybe I'll pass this up and get something else. Don't want to mod, just like to keep it simple lol

Just in case you weren’t aware, Trigger has a section on their website where they sell blemished sumps and ato reservoirs. They just have a cosmetic issue and come with full warranty. I’ve ordered two ato reservoirs and I got the Sapphire 34 sump for $310 instead of the $500+ it retails for. Also shipping is included.

https://www.triggersys.com/ts/blemished/

THANK YOU!!!! Never knew about this!!
 
Did the same with the current ruby 20c, heck of a deal.

Amazing deal. I got a crystal ato reservoir that has one rough edge and a Ruby ato that the gallon marking are backwards but at $60 off I can’t complain.
 

Attachments

  • 45EB1758-5318-46E5-BDE7-33C6807582FE.jpeg
    45EB1758-5318-46E5-BDE7-33C6807582FE.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 100
I might pick that instead just so I don't have to worry about socks or cups now lol
You won’t be able to use cups with the sapphire sump if you wanted because the holes are more oval than round. Just so you know.
 
Crap...maybe I should look at another brand then :(
The Reef Diaper is another alternative to standard filter socks. The light weight filter elements are disposable and the flanges are reused. We have several adapters available for Trigger sumps. Let me know if you have any questions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new