Trigger Systems Platinum 39 Sump

MustaLine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting started setting up a 210 Gallon (ULM) mixed tank and anticipate an average/medium bio load.

Looking at the Trigger Systems Platinum 39 sump with their roller system.

I would like to run (2) COR20 return pumps. Can someone confirm they will fit in the return section of the sump?

Recommendations for a skimmer in the Trigger 39 sump given the large roller mat?

Thanks.

OP
OP
M

MustaLine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this. I did look at the return pump measurements and it's close, wondering if anyone had actually done it and could confirm it works. Cor20 - 3.875”W x 4.875”H x 6.250”D Sump Return - 6" x 12.5"

The skimmer is more of a function question than size. With a 210 I would go with about as big a skimmer that would fit but with the roller mat that apparently is no longer the current thinking. Just curious here too, what others have done in with a similar setup, hoping to avoid a costly mistake based on others experience.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see how it will fit. If the sump section is only 6" for one of the dimensions. No matter which way you turn it the pumps will be too big. I run two COR20s in my sump. I also run NYOS skimmers in all my systems. I think they're solid.

Last edited:

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thinking that size sump is tetering on the smallest you could go on that size tank depending on the amount of rock that displaces water volume and positioning of your return lines. If you have check valves then no worries. I've heard of 200+ tanks using that sump but a bigger sump is always peace of mind if you can fit it in your space and budget to prevent an overflow when pumps are off.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back