Triggerfish ids

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger I'd and are they can love with a v. Lionfish(medium size). I think one is Undulate trigger and other is Halfmoon triger and halfmoon is not well. Will undulate will be fine with v. Lionfish ?

My v. lionfish is getting bold day by day
IMG20230204110458.jpg

Last edited:

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the id's right, triggers are usually fine with lions. The undulated is a beast of it's own, I wouldn't keep one with a lion. I have only seen an undulated work in tanks larger than 500g, and that was one I raised from an inch and was likely a female. They are one of the most aggressive fish and have a well earned bad rep.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got the id's right, triggers are usually fine with lions. The undulated is a beast of it's own, I wouldn't keep one with a lion. I have only seen an undulated work in tanks larger than 500g, and that was one I raised from an inch and was likely a female. They are one of the most aggressive fish and have a well earned bad rep.
I think Halfmoon triger is sick. Am I right?

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, on their last leg, maybe velvet, does the skin look like it's sluffing off.
Ohk, thanks. I think something is wrong with My lfs water. So, I hv started to qt fishes when I buy any from him. Se recently sold me this lionfish which was not eating and also tried to sell me a sick yellow tang which I returned.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohk, thanks. I think something is wrong with My lfs water. So, I hv started to qt fishes when I buy any from him. Se recently sold me this lionfish which was not eating and also tried to sell me a sick yellow tang which I returned.

I would say if that's velvet, it;s bad news, and yes everything in that system is bad, so be careful. Now, what about this lion.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will undulate trigger can stay with lionfish? I actually want to buy from these 2 fishes. Lionfish is there in my aquarium.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will undulate trigger can stay with lionfish? I actually want to buy from these 2 fishes. Lionfish is there in my aquarium.

I personally would not put an undulated with a lionfish. Undulated will have a tendency to nip at the lions fins, not really nip, like tear them off. An undulated is a very special creature that should only be kept with select aggressive fish in a lightly stocked large aquarium, the very minimum 180g but larger even better.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not put an undulated with a lionfish. Undulated will have a tendency to nip at the lions fins, not really nip, like tear them off. An undulated is a very special creature that should only be kept with select aggressive fish in a lightly stocked large aquarium, the very minimum 180g but larger even better.
Okk thanks

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs was also saying that they should only fed frozen, is that true? I don't think it is healthy for them

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was saying that we should feed them only frozen food not live. But I don't think it is right as in wild they may eat live food. He was saying it lowers their aggression level.

That is true, are you talking about lionfish, or other species. Lionfish are tricky and if you want to know my take on lionfish nutrition, click my name and "find all threads".

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true, are you talking about lionfish, or other species. Lionfish are tricky and if you want to know my take on lionfish nutrition, click my name and "find all threads".
Nope not lionfish. He was saying we should feed triggerfish frozen food as this lower down their aggression level

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope not lionfish. He was saying we should feed triggerfish frozen food as this lower down their aggression level

I would agree. I see no reason to feed triggers live food. There are enough choices of frozen food that would nutritionally solid. You can always get human grade seafood and make your own mix like I do.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back