Trimma and Eviota Gobies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishf00d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishf00d

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
276
Reaction score
112
Location
Mobile, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a biocube 14 back in the beginning of october. I'm going with mostly zoanthids and acans for coral. Now I'd like to add a few gobies. I'm curious how well members of these two genus get along with each other and how many I could add to a biocube 14.

I'd also be interested in where i can buy these fish. I've seen the ones offered at liveaquaria and i think blue zoo aquatics. Are there any vendors getting in any oddballs of these fish. My lfs is asking his suppliers to see if they get any on their lists. I'm hoping to get at least one pair and then 2 other individuals. Maybe another pair.

Anyone have any experience with these fish. I gather that because they are so small and relatively short lived not many people keep them.

Thanks for the help.
 
At the store I work at we had a 9g reef with a few species totaling about a dozen. They are very peaceful and social with one another. They were also not very picky regarding diet.
 
Thanks for the info. like I said I have my lfs asking its vendors. I plan on adding a yashi hase with a pistol shrimp as well. I would hope they stay clear of the shrimp. I doubt he will be much of a problem as they are always at the side of their goby from past experience with them.
 
Thanks for the info. like I said I have my lfs asking its vendors. I plan on adding a yashi hase with a pistol shrimp as well. I would hope they stay clear of the shrimp. I doubt he will be much of a problem as they are always at the side of their goby from past experience with them.
Trimma and eviota gobies will stay away from the pistol, they hang out on the rocks or just above them.
 
Yea I didn't really see an issue with this setup. I'd just like for Christmas to come and go so I can add the fish. I'll be out of town for 2 weeks visiting family and didn't want to add any fish before I left. Not enough time to figure them out and trust anyone while I'm gone. All I need is for someone to stop by and fill the top off tub once at this point. There isn't one person out there who should screw that up.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new