Trimming cabbage leather?

Carly Knight

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
14
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm still new to reefing but have this coral (I was told a cabbage leather) it's slowly but surely getting bigger and bigger. I'm just wondering if there is an option of trimming it? If so, what the process is to ensure I don't damage it etc...

Thanks

Screenshot_20201116_204356.jpg
 
There are some excellent ‘how to frag a leather coral’ videos out there. Maybe you can get some ideas.
 
Use sharp scissors and attach cut pieces with rubber bands to small rocks. They are very hard. I have some of them growing for years in my tank and I frag them regularly.
cabbage.jpg
cabash 02.jpg
 
I just got a small frag, would love for it to look like that one day :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new