Trip to Miami and the Keys

VincentBrown83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers!
This is not so much a reef question but was curious since I am taking a vacation to Miami and the keys during the week of the 4th of July if anyone had some suggestions for good reef shops in the area or on the way leaving from northern Indiana probably taking I-75 down and also wanted to snorkel some reefs down there any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I snorkeled down there. But at the time we had really good snorkeling on Looe Key. You have to take a boat to get there, but there are dive shops that take you. I liked it much better then John Pennekamp park.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park- Christ of the Abyss amazing!
Square grouper- amazing food

OP
OP
VincentBrown83

VincentBrown83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I was a little tied up yesterday to respond. As for the trip I had a great time Looe Key was worth it for sure. The only reef shop I made it to was Hydra Aquatics/Tony's Locker in Dania Beach but bought some pretty good stuff that I cannot find near me.

OP
OP
VincentBrown83

VincentBrown83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are driving I suggest getting a Sun Pass because there is nothing but toll roads everywhere. Dinning is pricey and if you drive down to the keys be sure to have some extra time because its mostly 1 lane. Hope that helps.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a bunch of fish stores on Bird Road (SW40st) right off the 826 expressway. My favorite one is Strictly Fish on about 84th ave and Bird. You should definitely check them out. I live in Miami so let me know if you need more help.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from Key West for the 4th. Flew down so didn't get to see any reef shops. Boy was it hot as crap.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%
Back