Trition/ZeoVit/RedSea, Oh my!

• Thread starter member 99594
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

member 99594

View Badges
Hey all,

I am currently planning a 125 Gallon reef aquarium that will hold a mix of SPS, LPS, and Softies. Fish too. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on the best way to promote coral growth. Watched all the BRSTV Videos that I can on the topics and am still back and forth on what direction to go.

So many systems with various costs associated with them. I am leaning towards the Red Sea program as it is very easy to follow and cost-effective. I am looking for cost-effective because I am already going to be buying all the equipment fairly soon at as close to at once as I can. This means I could switch systems.

Can anyone chime in with some personal experience on what system is best to start with? AND when do I need to be looking at starting this system?

Cheers!!

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a post similar not too long ago to see the pros/cons of each system. After weeks of decisions I finally decided to go with the Reef Care program. Here is a tank done by Masanao Shibuya using the full reef care program just for thought...
cccbb930888c56d16ae6571ff02315de.jpg

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
I started a post similar not too long ago to see the pros/cons of each system. After weeks of decisions I finally decided to go with the Reef Care program. Here is a tank done by Masanao Shibuya using the full reef care program just for thought...
cccbb930888c56d16ae6571ff02315de.jpg

Are you just using the A B C or are you using the colours and the algae program too?

I was thinking of just using the ABC and colours and then using carbon and phosphate reactors. Thoughts?

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you just using the A B C or are you using the colours and the algae program too?

I was thinking of just using the ABC and colours and then using carbon and phosphate reactors. Thoughts?

I got the trace elements A,B,C,D and Coral Nutrition A and B. The algae program requires a skimmer and my tank does not have room for one in the back compartment so I run GFO in a reactor and carbon. Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy also. I am using the reccomended dosage of GFO but im gonna cut it by 50 percent my phosphate and nitrate levels are so low that my corals are suffering.

OP
OP
M

member 99594

View Badges
I got the trace elements A,B,C,D and Coral Nutrition A and B. The algae program requires a skimmer and my tank does not have room for one in the back compartment so I run GFO in a reactor and carbon. Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy also. I am using the reccomended dosage of GFO but im gonna cut it by 50 percent my phosphate and nitrate levels are so low that my corals are suffering.

So in my situation would you use the GFO over the Red Sea NOPOX program? I do have a skimmer.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my situation would you use the GFO over the Red Sea algae program? I do have a skimmer.

I would go with gfo simply because If I go with the algae program it is one more thing I have to dose where as gfo I only need to switch out once a month. My second reason is if I happen to have a phosphate spike out of the blue I know the gfo will handle it where as the algae program which relies on bacteria I don’t know if it could bring the levels back down quickly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back