Triton core7 coral base or reef supplement

Pakito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone i would like to start using triton core 7 but i did not understand the differences between the reef supplement and the base coral. thank you

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread helps explain. Basically one set for people 100% triton (no water changes, big fuge). The other is for more traditional approaches (regular water change, maybe a smaller fuge).

I think this post is helpful as well.

OP
OP
P

Pakito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I understand the Core7 Basic Element method requires an algae filter while Core7 Reef Supplement no, with the latter you can also change water. Algae like Chaetomorpha ??? Thank you

gerald91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton method is too complex, you will have the or better result with fauna marin method

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have better results with no additives, keeping parameters stable, and feeding your fish. Keep. It. Simple.

gerald91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fauna marin it simple base only on balling light and water change 10% per week

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone i would like to start using triton core 7 but i did not understand the differences between the reef supplement and the base coral. thank you
The "full method" core 7 is if you have a mature system with an algae fuge and don't plan on doing water changes. That core 7 line has added ingredients for the fuge. Basically. If you have no algae fuge the other core 7 is what you'd want.

OP
OP
P

Pakito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Il "full method" core 7 è se hai un sistema maturo con un fuoco di alghe e non hai intenzione di fare cambiamenti in acqua. [QUOTE = "Scott.h, post: 3851983, member: 64996"] Quella linea di base 7 ha aggiunto ingredienti per il fuge. Fondamentalmente. Se non hai algee di alghe, l'altro nucleo 7 è quello che vuoi. [/ QUOTE]
But triton can be used even if there are a few inches of sand in the reef ?? The algae reactor is then mandatory Thanks

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Il "full method" core 7 è se hai un sistema maturo con un fuoco di alghe e non hai intenzione di fare cambiamenti in acqua. [QUOTE = "Scott.h, post: 3851983, member: 64996"] Quella linea di base 7 ha aggiunto ingredienti per il fuge. Fondamentalmente. Se non hai algee di alghe, l'altro nucleo 7 è quello che vuoi. [/ QUOTE]
But triton can be used even if there are a few inches of sand in the reef ?? The algae reactor is then mandatory Thanks
If you are going to do the triton method, to me, it only makes sense to do the full method.

The full method requires a big enough filtration to not have to do water changes to export waste, which will most likely include macro.

Part of the main reason I say "full method" isnt necessary because of cost or laziness. The salts we use, including tropic Marin pro reef (recommended by triton) doesn't have the very minor trace elements in the salt. If you spend the money to do a triton test, buy the bottles of the trace elements that you WILL be lacking, dose accordingly. When you do a few water changes it's going to pull those same trace elements you just dosed back out. Test water and restart. It makes no sense.

To answer your question, sand has no bearing. Algae in the form of reactor or fuge not only plays a roll in nutrient uptake, but releases carbohydrates for the corals and has some other benefits also.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back