Triton Core7 Flex Other Methods or Triton Method?

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a lot of trouble finding any information on the new Triton Core7 Flex. My tank is Red Sea Reefer 425 that I’m running a reef mat filter, into the Refugium section with chaeto and a kessel a160. I’m also doing auto water changes with a Dos at 1 gal per day.

I see that the main difference between the Triton Method and Other Methods is that the Triton Method replaces elements taken up by the macro algae. Should I use the Triton method additives since I have a refugium? Or do I use other methods since my tank isn’t setup to triton spec with a filter roller and auto water changes?

Anyone have any luck running this as 2 part now? The information on the Flex as a 2 part seems pretty sparse so far.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m having a lot of trouble finding any information on the new Triton Core7 Flex. My tank is Red Sea Reefer 425 that I’m running a reef mat filter, into the Refugium section with chaeto and a kessel a160. I’m also doing auto water changes with a Dos at 1 gal per day.

I see that the main difference between the Triton Method and Other Methods is that the Triton Method replaces elements taken up by the macro algae. Should I use the Triton method additives since I have a refugium? Or do I use other methods since my tank isn’t setup to triton spec with a filter roller and auto water changes?

Anyone have any luck running this as 2 part now? The information on the Flex as a 2 part seems pretty sparse so far.
They recommend the additives but based on costs and the small bottle sizes, I went with moonshiners method

Thesher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How is this going for you now ? I am using Triton Flex other methods as I have no refugium. It states rare water changes and 3 months in, so far so good. They say 30% water change once a year to remove some metals etc which appeals to me but still early days … be interested how it’s progressed for you

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Use triton method since you have a refugium. Awcs are ok with this.
As you said, other methods just eliminates the macro additives.

Back