Triton ICP.. High Zinc.. Advice needed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scubabum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I believe mine was coming from my DIY screen top. It had some corrosion. I replaced the top, did a few large water changes. Sent out another ICP test after a few months, and it came back in normal range. Things have recovered and all is well.
Thank you! Very weird stuff. Full 300 gallon system packed with growing sps colony's. Frags just rtn or grow. Tore everything apart to see if there is a source.
 
I had Zinc in my tank at my last ICP test... pretty sure it's from the zinc oxide in diaper cream. Tried to convince wife I could no longer change diapers... it did not go well lol.

I just wash my hands extra carefully before doing anything with the tank, also rinse off with RODI, probably overkill.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new