Triton results and dead sps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
M

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my water changes, changed my salt, and am running cubrisorb. Sps is bouncing back and all rtn has stopped for now. I'm not sure what was causing the problem to begin with, but it seems to be under control for now.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a thread very similar. Similar test results. Only acro were affected at first, then LPs more and more. What do we know about zinc? I had similar zinc and copper levels at the time. Perhaps one or the other is fine but not both...

My levels were coming from ro/do showing a reading of 001 on the TDs meter. Accompanied by high levels in my well water which I was using for live black worms. Detox worked perfectly at the time to rid those elements. Cuprasorb did nothing. Also hobby test kits will not pick up copper at the levels you have, they show results in ppm and ug/l is more like ppb.

I began noticing some beginning of bad things such as less pe and it prompted me to send another triton test. This test again reveals higher zinc, but no copper this time. So I'm a bit worried about zinc.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use red sea regular and yes gfo but I haven't changed it in quite a while. I've been switching to lanthanum chloride as needed for po4 removal.

OP
OP
M

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try taking the gfo offline completely. I had phosguard in the reactor but it was not running. Could this have been causing sps to be unhappy? I don't know. But the only thing I have done differently is changed my salt mix, water change, run cubrisorb and take the reactor with phosguard completely out of my sump.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back