TRITON: Take the mystery out of reef keeping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using triton for about 5-6 months and so far- I like it. a few more months and I will eliminate all the chemicals I have and use just these.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Has the supply chain from Triton been improved - like "in stock" and no back orders!
I'm pretty sure it is. BRS actually has 1007 in stock and the larger 10L is in stock too! But who would use it after all of the issues Triton has had in the past. Red Sea FTW.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using triton for about 5-6 months and so far- I like it. a few more months and I will eliminate all the chemicals I have and use just these.

Thank you for sharing your experience using TRITON with us!

Do their containers still leak?

We spoke to TRITON about your concerns. Here is what they told us:

The leak issue is behind us. After switching from single use plastic bottles to the Tetra Pak style containers back in Oct of 2017, there was a steady problem of leaks that occurred in containers 3a and 3b that no amount of package tweaking could fully eliminate. The solutions were simply too concentrated and powerful for modern, sustainable packing techniques. It caused major headaches for all including the end user.

Approx 6 months ago Triton made a major decision to switch the 3a and 3b solutions to dry formula. This requires simple hydrating with RO water by the end user. We have sold a few thousand sets with this new packaging and I can’t think of one leak that has occurred. It’s simply a non-issue now.

Surely UPS will figure out how to make a few leak here and there but any leaks would absolutely be par for the course when shipping reef chemicals. If you haven’t opened a box yet, I suggest your team does so they can become familiar with just how well these are packed nowadays.
I would also like to add that it's standard operating procedure that any liquid supplement bottles or containers shipped from Marine Depot's warehouses are sealed by our team before they are put into the box. This helps prevent leakage but also damage to other products that may result from a leak.

Has the supply chain from Triton been improved - like "in stock" and no back orders!

I'm pretty sure it is. BRS actually has 1007 in stock and the larger 10L is in stock too! But who would use it after all of the issues Triton has had in the past. Red Sea FTW.

We spoke to TRITON about some of the stocking issues of the past. Here is what they told us:

We are fully loaded on most skus. Should there by a flutter of orders that knock down our inventory we have and will continue to air ship in products on our dime to meet demand while we wait for ocean shipments to arrive.

I think it can be said that TRITON is stronger than ever now after dealing with that blow where others would have been buried. It is a fantastic product line with so many innovative ideas that have literally changed and reinvented modern reef keeping as we know it. By this time next year most reef-keepers will be talking about their carbon ratio when discussing no3/po4 relationship. You can mark my words on this. This is purely a result of TRITON's understanding of the science at play and their ability to apply it to reef aquariums.

Ive never had an issue with them leaking and these were shipped to me in cold weather

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're excited that we've shipped out a bunch of TRITON orders already so we'll certainly be listening to any customer feedback that rolls in!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience using TRITON with us!

We spoke to TRITON about your concerns. Here is what they told us:

The leak issue is behind us. After switching from single use plastic bottles to the Tetra Pak style containers back in Oct of 2017, there was a steady problem of leaks that occurred in containers 3a and 3b that no amount of package tweaking could fully eliminate. The solutions were simply too concentrated and powerful for modern, sustainable packing techniques. It caused major headaches for all including the end user.

Approx 6 months ago Triton made a major decision to switch the 3a and 3b solutions to dry formula. This requires simple hydrating with RO water by the end user. We have sold a few thousand sets with this new packaging and I can’t think of one leak that has occurred. It’s simply a non-issue now.

Surely UPS will figure out how to make a few leak here and there but any leaks would absolutely be par for the course when shipping reef chemicals. If you haven’t opened a box yet, I suggest your team does so they can become familiar with just how well these are packed nowadays.
I would also like to add that it's standard operating procedure that any liquid supplement bottles or containers shipped from Marine Depot's warehouses are sealed by our team before they are put into the box. This helps prevent leakage but also damage to other products that may result from a leak.

We spoke to TRITON about some of the stocking issues of the past. Here is what they told us:

We are fully loaded on most skus. Should there by a flutter of orders that knock down our inventory we have and will continue to air ship in products on our dime to meet demand while we wait for ocean shipments to arrive.

I think it can be said that TRITON is stronger than ever now after dealing with that blow where others would have been buried. It is a fantastic product line with so many innovative ideas that have literally changed and reinvented modern reef keeping as we know it. By this time next year most reef-keepers will be talking about their carbon ratio when discussing no3/po4 relationship. You can mark my words on this. This is purely a result of TRITON's understanding of the science at play and their ability to apply it to reef aquariums.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're excited that we've shipped out a bunch of TRITON orders already so we'll certainly be listening to any customer feedback that rolls in!
I've had several issues with Triton. I do not believe anything they say. I do not use them anymore. I have received at least 4 shipments where they leaked....and some containers were COMPLETELY empty. I truly someone takes over Triton's business who can actually do a decent job at customer service. Their product is GREAT. The company is absolutely terrible. I hate to go on and on as anyone can see my past threads/posts.

Thank you Marine Depot for being a great company. I hate to see great companies support horrible companies.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you Marine Depot for being a great company. I hate to see great companies support horrible companies.

This team-up has been in the works for a while. We've performed a lot of diligence to ensure the partnership is a success. Time will tell, but we are committed to providing our customers with the solutions they want with the service and support Marine Depot is known for. We hope for our sake and everyone else in the aquarium community that the issues of the past remain in the past. We've dropped companies in the past that cannot meet our standards or the expectations of our customers. We sincerely appreciate your honesty and are very sorry you've been let down in the past. I'll leave my personal email below if you want to share anything further. We are all ears.

Jeff @ Marine Depot
[email protected]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Congrats on adding Triton!

Back