Triton tests equal peace of mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris Villalobos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my latest ICP back and my tank is spot on! No heavy metal contamination and micro-elements are almost all in the green.

Triton ICP

All my corals are doing great and I've been able to eliminate all heavy metal contamination issues. I had Tin and Lead in my system. I found the Tin caused by a UV Filter reflector, and Lead was due to contaminated Nitrate dosing. I still have a little elevated Iron but I think I can live with that.

I doubt I would still be in the hobby if it wasn't for the Triton tests and Base Element system. For years I couldn't grow any hard corals now they grow like weeds!

zromano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great feedback, thanks for the post. I just set up a Reefer 250 with a sump that’s Triton Method ready. Can I ask when you started dosing your tank with base elements and first did the ICP test? I’m concerned that if I start dosing too early and don’t have enough coral in there I’ll be overloading the tank. I guess this could be mitigated with frequent testing and adjustments to bring down the total dosing amount to the necessary levels?

jinsun2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use the trident with the neptune DOS, it will control the dosing based on the level reported by trident,

OP
OP
Chris Villalobos

Chris Villalobos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m concerned that if I start dosing too early and don’t have enough coral in there I’ll be overloading the tank.

Even the Bulk Reef Supply "Softy Tank" uses Macro and Micro elements. Coralline algae can consume a lot so as soon as you turn on the lights you should probably have some form of testing and dosing going on.

ICP testing doesn't need to start soon. Now I do one maybe twice a year, but when I was having problems I did more testing. I also have continued to do weekly 10% water changes. It seems that my tank just stays more stable with water changes.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great man! I had some NaNO3 solution that I made up and put in a small glass container with metal lid. The salt creep rusted the lid and I got scared that it would eventually fall into the solution. I changed it for a nice plastic container with sealed rubber ring lid. No more issues. :)

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use the trident with the neptune DOS, it will control the dosing based on the level reported by trident,

I need to figure out the programing on that one.
Just have not had the time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back