Triton - Why Huge 1000ml size for all Macro Elements?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Triton so far but I am right that smallest size of each of the Macro elements is 1000ml?

I have a Reefer 170 liter tank

So if I want to dose the recommendations for say Strontium and Boron I have to buy 1000ml of each which will probably last forever. Let's say I need to dose 13ml of each a month, that's 76 months supply.

Do these ever expire or go bad sitting around?

Feedback for triton is that you are probably selling less because nobody wants to buy so much volume and either store forever or dump it out.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when it was hard to get Core 7 products, I wanted to buy a large amount like a year or more supply, to see me through the drought.
I had the same concern over the shelf life of the product's.
So I sent Triton an email and asked such.

Though I no longer have the email response they said the stuff has an indefinite shelf life.
So I am not throwing out a theory but a fact direct from the manufacturer.
That said things have changed with these products since I asked this question, so the answer could be different today.

I would have to assume the macro elements would be the same and have an indefinite shelf life.

Logically if the Core 7 products last indefinitely I would have to think that the macro elements being the same ingredients used in the core 7 would be the same.

I am sure that many here will argue this point, so I will also follow along and see what people will say.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Triton so far but I am right that smallest size of each of the Macro elements is 1000ml?

I have a Reefer 170 liter tank

So if I want to dose the recommendations for say Strontium and Boron I have to buy 1000ml of each which will probably last forever. Let's say I need to dose 13ml of each a month, that's 76 months supply.

Do these ever expire or go bad sitting around?

Feedback for triton is that you are probably selling less because nobody wants to buy so much volume and either store forever or dump it out.

Yes, for Macro elements the smallest quantities that we produce are 1000ml. As these elements are consumed relatively fast in most aquariums we find that this size is the most cost effective for the aquarist and usually consumed within a reasonable amount of time.

We appreciate that with a smaller aquarium like yours it may take a while to use but shelf life should not be an issue as it will not expire or go bad.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back