Triton with no skimmer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again, sorry for all the questions... If I want to run a refugium, I will not be able to have a skimmer as my sump does not have room for both, Can I run Full triton with no skimmer and refugium only?

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do triton. If I had to choose between a refugium or skimmer I’d keep the skimmer. If you have enough live rock and not a super heavy bioload the macro algae could actually be too aggressive.

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugium and skimmer are necessary for Triton IMO. Nice thing with a skimmer is it aerates the water and helps keep PH up. Being you don't have room for a refugium is there any chance you have space for an algae scrubber? From what I can tell they mount above the sump. Reason for refugium is Triton elements include iron and other metals for macro algae. You will probably run into algae issues in the DT without macro algae. My 2 cents. FWIW I ran Triton method on previous tank and just set it up again on newer one.

Roboreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been running triton method without a skimmer for half a year now. After the first month of 0 nitrate and .02 phosphate I pulled the skimmer(added an air stone) and have kept it off since. Still can’t get any nitrate readings even with an auto feeder feeding pellets twice a day.
4CF5A77B-36B5-4671-A343-F706C2E3183A.jpeg

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TRITON Method setup slide:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back