Trochus snail issues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gardnaaa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gardnaaa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2020
Messages
132
Reaction score
180
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I bought some dwarf trochus and regular trochus from a well respected seller. Something must have happened and the bags came in ice cold. I floated the bags for like an hour because they were so cold. They have been in the tank for a little less than 72 hours and only 1 is moving. My magnesium shouldn’t be high since I’m not dosing and I recently did a water change so nitrate shouldn’t be a factor, but I’ll test that shortly. Am I at a loss here? Or due to the water being ice cold, could they take even more time to get used to the tank? Thanks!
 
In my experience, snails often don't move after shipping for days and even weeks. The cold water is likely a factor also. I would give them some more time.
 
In my experience, snails often don't move after shipping for days and even weeks. The cold water is likely a factor also. I would give them some more time.
Awesome thank you. Never ordered snails online before so I was worried.
 
I concur, specifically with trochus, they will just sit there for a few days.
 
Also, take them out and give them a sniff every day or 2. If they stink, they are dead, and you need to get them out of your system.
 
Also, take them out and give them a sniff every day or 2. If they stink, they are dead, and you need to get them out of your system.
Sounds good! I’ll put them at the top of the rockwork so I don’t have to keep reaching to the bottom of the tank lol thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new