Trochus snails in a 2 month old tank

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 5 trochus in my 55 gal a week ago and 2 stopped moving and 2 are really active and 1 stopp moving last night so this morning I moved it to check if it was suctioned on my rock and it wasn't but it has left this white string like residue.

Can anyone tell me what's happening and what this white stuff is please see pic attached.
16153621243612612252669951642088.jpg

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you parameters? Is there potential of copper in your system or maybe how you introduced them?

what fish do you have? Anything that could be enjoying a trochus lunch?

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you parameters? Is there potential of copper in your system or maybe how you introduced them?

what fish do you have? Anything that could be enjoying a trochus lunch?
Thanks for the reply mate, there no chance of copper in the tank.

I drip acclimated them for about 2hours and the only thing in the tank is one timid Nemo which is injured from its potential pair that is in my QT and a red legged hermit crab which is half the size of the snails lol.

The tank is currently undergoing a diatom bloom but I thought the snails would thrive in this.

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply mate, there no chance of copper in the tank.

I drip acclimated them for about 2hours and the only thing in the tank is one timid Nemo which is injured from its potential pair that is in my QT and a red legged hermit crab which is half the size of the snails lol.

The tank is currently undergoing a diatom bloom but I thought the snails would thrive in this.
Strange.. All were okay when you added them but steadily died over a week? Did they all seem to be moving around a lot before?

OP
OP
S

Scousereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange.. All were okay when you added them but steadily died over a week? Did they all seem to be moving around a lot before?
Not necessarily only one has been active since I put them in but now 2 are active the other 3 have just stopped suctioning to rocks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back