Trochus snails in a 2 month old tank

Scousereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
107
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 5 trochus in my 55 gal a week ago and 2 stopped moving and 2 are really active and 1 stopp moving last night so this morning I moved it to check if it was suctioned on my rock and it wasn't but it has left this white string like residue.

Can anyone tell me what's happening and what this white stuff is please see pic attached.
16153621243612612252669951642088.jpg
 
What are you parameters? Is there potential of copper in your system or maybe how you introduced them?

what fish do you have? Anything that could be enjoying a trochus lunch?
 
What are you parameters? Is there potential of copper in your system or maybe how you introduced them?

what fish do you have? Anything that could be enjoying a trochus lunch?
Thanks for the reply mate, there no chance of copper in the tank.

I drip acclimated them for about 2hours and the only thing in the tank is one timid Nemo which is injured from its potential pair that is in my QT and a red legged hermit crab which is half the size of the snails lol.

The tank is currently undergoing a diatom bloom but I thought the snails would thrive in this.
 
Thanks for the reply mate, there no chance of copper in the tank.

I drip acclimated them for about 2hours and the only thing in the tank is one timid Nemo which is injured from its potential pair that is in my QT and a red legged hermit crab which is half the size of the snails lol.

The tank is currently undergoing a diatom bloom but I thought the snails would thrive in this.
Strange.. All were okay when you added them but steadily died over a week? Did they all seem to be moving around a lot before?
 
Strange.. All were okay when you added them but steadily died over a week? Did they all seem to be moving around a lot before?
Not necessarily only one has been active since I put them in but now 2 are active the other 3 have just stopped suctioning to rocks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new