Trochus survival rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iptuous
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Iptuous

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping trochus are very nutritious because ive had a horrible survival rate. Of the 7 that ive put in my little pico, 2 have survived, the rest have fed the hermits and nassarius. I have acclimated them drip over about two hours, but just no luck!
 
That is very odd. I have always had stellar luck with Trochus. How long were they in your tank before dying?
 
Were they alive and moving in your tank when you put them in? I know that I haven gotten bad orders of snails in the past that most of the snails being either dead or on their way out.
 
Yes. They were alive, but could have been on their way out, i guess. They were from LFS.
 
Got five the first time, about a week ago. Two more yesterday. Currently have two munching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new