Trocus Snail in sand flipped over

tzoa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
47
Location
Rockport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every now and then I come and look at my tank and see Trocus snail flipped over on the sand bed still alive. I flip it back over he keeps on living and eating. But it keeps happening and it's getting annoying lol.

There's diatoms everywhere in my tank I leave 2 of my walls to make sure they have enough food. Also now when I try to put the snail on the glass he won't attach so I put him on the rock and he eating. What is going on?
 
They can usually get up by themselves so you don’t have to flip it over every time.

It just didn’t want to attach to the wall. there’s nothing wrong with it.
 
Unless the snail is actually knocking at your door, this isn’t an emergency. The near miss of an actual emergency in this case would be that you are not sharing with the rest of us what you are tripping on. Short of that, a snail showing you it’s butt isn’t an emergency :)
 
Unless the snail is actually knocking at your door, this isn’t an emergency. The near miss of an actual emergency in this case would be that you are not sharing with the rest of us what you are tripping on. Short of that, a snail showing you it’s butt isn’t an emergency :)
The only reason why I put it as an emergency is because I'm worried it might die that's all
 
They can usually get up by themselves so you don’t have to flip it over every time.

It just didn’t want to attach to the wall. there’s nothing wrong with it.
Yeah ik, I just find it a bit odd it's always flipped over on the sand bed
 
Mine will flip over from time to time, flip it back over, and just monitor it.
 
If it keeps happening it's likely unwell. I had one in my tank early on and it would flip over like 10 times a day and get stuck. It eventually retracted into its shell for several days and my hermits got it. My turbos have never needed help being flipped.
 
Every now and then I come and look at my tank and see Trocus snail flipped over on the sand bed still alive. I flip it back over he keeps on living and eating. But it keeps happening and it's getting annoying lol.

There's diatoms everywhere in my tank I leave 2 of my walls to make sure they have enough food. Also now when I try to put the snail on the glass he won't attach so I put him on the rock and he eating. What is going on?
give us a picture. trochus have stripes and they SHOULD flip over. i mainly and only use them.
 
A good photo of what you have would be helpful. (As mentioned, 'generally' a healthy Trohcus can flip itself back over.)
 
Mine will flip over from time to time, flip it back over, and just monitor it.

Are you sure its a trochus snail? Trochus are know to be able to flip themselves.
IMG_8212.jpeg
 
If it keeps happening it's likely unwell. I had one in my tank early on and it would flip over like 10 times a day and get stuck. It eventually retracted into its shell for several days and my hermits got it. My turbos have never needed help being flipped.
Oh no, hope it doesn't happen
 
Photo is very hard to tell but that does not look like a trochus.
Shoot, i'm trying not to put my hands in the tank too much, but next time I have to I'll get a better picture
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new