Tropic Marin - All for reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep at it. MD had the 500ml for about 20 min. I e mailed TM and they said that stock is on its way. I hope they ramp up production especially since places like BRS got me and a whole lot of people excited about it and then hooked on it. I love the stuff I completely switched from 2 part 5 months ago and won’t go back. Just keep checking both BRS and MD you will see it trickling in. Never thought AFR would be harder to find than a trident

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 500 ml off AquaCave this week....1000 is out of stock everywhere, thats what I usually buy...hoping the 500 will bridge me till supplies are reupped at BRS

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When do you guys anticipate having All for reef back in stock? Thx

I don't quite have an exact ETA, but a big Tropic Marin container is on it's way! Your best bet is to hit that 'Notify me when in stock' button on the product page, and we can shoot you an email when we restock.

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't quite have an exact ETA, but a big Tropic Marin container is on it's way! Your best bet is to hit that 'Notify me when in stock' button on the product page, and we can shoot you an email when we restock.
This stuff must be in a crazy high demand that Tropic Marin cannot keep up with.... I called BRS last Tuesday and spoke to a guy who said you would be receiving a shipment in on June 1, and that it should be up on the website by 10-11am on June 2, (today). I checked at 10am and then again at noon, and then I called to find out if your shipment came in or not. I spoke to a lady, who told me the shipment was on back order and she did not have an arrival date, because it could arrive at any day now..
Could you tell me if that is really what is going on. I've been checking BRS multiple times daily for over a month and signed up for the notify me when in stock email.
Thanks

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a notify me alert on May 26 and was able to buy. If I am not mistaken, they were around 20-30 of the 500 ml.

U

User1

View Badges
Assuming all of the components are available on your shopping site, I used BRS, just buy them and make it yourself. There is a all for reef thread under the brs sub forum with a video and recipe. Takes less than 10 minutes and Bob's your Uncle. You have your own special private reserve of Tropic Marin All For Reef.

Did I say it is super fun to make also? It is. I look forward to it every month and a half give or take a few days. Special shout out to Tropic Marin and team for providing the recipe, BRS for taking time to post and shoot video, and others for replying on making it. One reason why I'm changing salt to TM - because they are just cool for our hobby by doing this.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff must be in a crazy high demand that Tropic Marin cannot keep up with.... I called BRS last Tuesday and spoke to a guy who said you would be receiving a shipment in on June 1, and that it should be up on the website by 10-11am on June 2, (today). I checked at 10am and then again at noon, and then I called to find out if your shipment came in or not. I spoke to a lady, who told me the shipment was on back order and she did not have an arrival date, because it could arrive at any day now..
Could you tell me if that is really what is going on. I've been checking BRS multiple times daily for over a month and signed up for the notify me when in stock email.
Thanks

Generally speaking, Tropic Marin shipments are shipped via boat, so tracking isn't as reliable or exact (for lack of a better way to say it) than air shipping. I did check with our purchasing team and they've informed me that we do have a container on the way that will have some All-For-Reef in it. Not as much as we would have liked, but with everything going on in the world right now, we're doing our best to get our hands on as much of it as possible. "Any day now" is honestly the best estimate that I can give at the moment.

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking, Tropic Marin shipments are shipped via boat, so tracking isn't as reliable or exact (for lack of a better way to say it) than air shipping. I did check with our purchasing team and they've informed me that we do have a container on the way that will have some All-For-Reef in it. Not as much as we would have liked, but with everything going on in the world right now, we're doing our best to get our hands on as much of it as possible. "Any day now" is honestly the best estimate that I can give at the moment.
Thanks for the update. I definitely understand the delay with everything that is going on. I will continue to check your site multiple times daily as I have been.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I missed the shipment that BRS got in for the 1000ml bottles. I am planning to start the DIY, but just didn't want to deal with it right now. I found the 1000ml bottles at Aquacave.com today. Unfortunately, they are really expensive compared to BRS. Cost was $43.90 with shipping. I got $1 off for signing up for an account today.

Before this bottle goes, I'm going the DIY route. I can make 10 litres for $110... with an additional start-up investment of $75-100 for the magnetic stirrer and glass beakers.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallelujah I finally got my 1000ml bottle from BRS in the mail
1591912002680.png

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I missed the shipment that BRS got in for the 1000ml bottles. I am planning to start the DIY, but just didn't want to deal with it right now. I found the 1000ml bottles at Aquacave.com today. Unfortunately, they are really expensive compared to BRS. Cost was $43.90 with shipping. I got $1 off for signing up for an account today.

Before this bottle goes, I'm going the DIY route. I can make 10 litres for $110... with an additional start-up investment of $75-100 for the magnetic stirrer and glass beakers.

That stuff sure goes fast. When I placed my order for two 1000ml bottles of All For Reef at BRS last Saturday it showed they had 254 bottles in stock. Now 0

U

User1

View Badges

As dumb as it may sound it is super fun making the stuff too. You can't put a price tag on that :D I make a double batch and it works wonders.

U

User1

View Badges
is this stuff a viable solution for larger tanks? Say 180+

The DIY recipe listed here makes it affordable price wise. I think the question would be how much your tank requires. I think it would be a similar question with a established and mature tank be it this product or two part. At some point depending on the corals it gets cost prohibitive and a reactor may be needed.

But it seems this DIY recipe is good. I'm using it on my 210 gallon mixed reef. It is still maturing and only 2 years in but I'm using it. I was using ESV 2 part previously. I love ESV 2 part but I've been slowly switching to Tropic Marin due to their open attitude to our hobby.

I mean they didn't have to provide this - they just did. So I'm really into supporting them with what little I can. Hell, if I find a t-shirt they sell I'll buy that too :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back