Tropic-marin-all-for-reef

Christiancorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys need some advice I have been dosing 17ml of all for reef per day now for 8 days and I have reach my dkh of 8.5 what should I do now I have looked on the website and there isn't anything about once reach your dkh then what to do after please be nice still a newbie

OP
OP
Christiancorals

Christiancorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thank you so much for that I have been testing my dkh daily now it's at 8.5 and I have been dosing 17ml I will dose 10 ml tomorrow and see were it's at

U

User1

View Badges
Ah thank you so much for that I have been testing my dkh daily now it's at 8.5 and I have been dosing 17ml I will dose 10 ml tomorrow and see were it's at

If you are dosing 17ml and you want to adjust you have to do it in smaller increments.

Here is their info:
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of ALL-FOR-REEF per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous monitoring of alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached.

URL:

U

User1

View Badges
You will need to test it regularly and adjust the dose. If it keeps going up lower the dosage by 1-2 ml. If it drops add 1-2 ml. I have been using it for almost a year and absolutely love AFR.

It is really good stuff. I love it and use the DIY recipe. Fun to make really - oddly enough.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question, if my tank is doing well at 9.5-10dKH, would it be advised to start the All For Reef since it says
"until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached. " ?

I would love to be just dosing one item and i can use my other two dosing heads for Auto Water Changes.....

Thanks in advance!

U

User1

View Badges
I have a question, if my tank is doing well at 9.5-10dKH, would it be advised to start the All For Reef since it says

I would love to be just dosing one item and i can use my other two dosing heads for Auto Water Changes.....

Thanks in advance!

Yes. If your parameters are known and steady then you can use their calculator and start the recommended dosing. It is that simple. I was using ESV 2 part so was already steady at 8.2 - 8.3 so just used their calculator and started from there. It took about 2 weeks or so for my ALK to adjust to the single solution. I could see ALK start to dip and so just re-enabled the ALK dosing head and adjusted slightly until it was steady then stopped it. Been fine every since.

So if your alk, ca, and mg are steady just used their recommended daily based on volume and you are set. Otherwise follow their dosage info and take it slow.

Application and dosage
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of ALL-FOR-REEF per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous monitoring of alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached.

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks in advance!

Yes agree with the above. Just ignore the 7-9 TM recommends and aim for 9.5-10. Their recommendations are just based on TMs reefing philosophy.

Be aware this is not an immediate product. You need at least 12+ hours to see the resulting alkalinity as this is a product that needs 'activating' by microbes. Also there's a carbon dosing effect to consider, it's mild but it's there.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks in advance!

That would be fine, yes.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back