All for reef dosing

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're already amazed that he's dosing 10dKH a day, and you're suggesting that he doses 20? Lol.
No, dose TM at label recommendations and supplement remaining alk needs with his current process. Increase AFR and lower alk, until they stabilize.

There is going to be some weird burn in period for AFR regardless

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, dose TM at label recommendations and supplement remaining alk needs with his current process. Increase AFR and lower alk, until they stabilize.

There is going to be some weird burn in period for AFR regardless
That sounds like a much better plan.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral is literally Wall to wall in this tank.
It came in on a piece of Caribbean live rock as a tiny speck. It now covers the bottom and it creeps up the side. It’s all across the back and into the filter.
IMG_1920.jpeg
I totally believe you. My 40 gallon consumes 75ml of AFR daily and it needs to be bumped up again. It looks like you have a lot of anacropora and birdsnests which are huge consumers for me, but it doesn't look like anything else is being outgrown by them so I have no problem believing your consumption.

Also, if that thing came in on Caribbean rock then it's probably rare. You should spread it around.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I totally believe you. My 40 gallon consumes 75ml of AFR daily and it needs to be bumped up again. It looks like you have a lot of anacropora and birdsnests which are huge consumers for me, but it doesn't look like anything else is being outgrown by them so I have no problem believing your consumption.

Also, if that thing came in on Caribbean rock then it's probably rare. You should spread it around.
Yeah, lets hear more about this mystery Caribbean SPS!!!

OP
OP
R

Rip Current

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just looks like orange monti to me, based on its growth speed and the way it is branching out. Hard to tell with the top down shot.

Screenshot_20240305_223902_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240305_224104_Firefox.jpg
32d4df98bab01d1a7a958ea438a1b756.jpg
It branches more like fire coral with similar hair like polyps.
IMG_2047.png

IMG_2046.png
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg
IMG_2050.jpeg

Last edited:

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love All For Reef. Switched over a year ago from a calcium reactor over about a two-week period by easing into it. I started with half the recommended dose and as it kicked-in started turning down the CR while gradually upping the AFR and monitoring it with my Trident tests. Keep in mind that AFR changes do not immediately change the parameters. Go slow until you get your desired levels.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back