Tropic Marin Balling and trace elembts mix

Moshe Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on moving from Aqua Forest balling to Tropic Marin Balling method. I understand that I have to add extra trace elements and plan to add A-K TM elements.
My question is : how do I mix them into the 3 Balling elements? Should I add them both to C balling part? Can I mix them to A and/or B? If I can, whats the quantities? I don't want to add them manually. I prefer to use my 3 head peristaltic heads.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm planning on moving from Aqua Forest balling to Tropic Marin Balling method. I understand that I have to add extra trace elements and plan to add A-K TM elements.
My question is : how do I mix them into the 3 Balling elements? Should I add them both to C balling part? Can I mix them to A and/or B? If I can, whats the quantities? I don't want to add them manually. I prefer to use my 3 head peristaltic heads.

Here is a really good thread on the All in One. Not sure if this will help or what you are looking for.

OP
OP
M

Moshe Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, why the switch?
Aqua Forest is great. The problem is the concentration of the luquids. I have to add 160 ml daily from each balling bottle into my 150 gal reef tank. So I have to refill every 10 days and the amounts are growing every week.

OP
OP
M

Moshe Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a really good thread on the All in One. Not sure if this will help or what you are looking for.

I will use the full TM balling method, not All In One.
Thanks though..

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I'm surprised the trace isn't included...

Folks often misunderstand two parts and Balling. Both can contain all seawater elements, but not be suitable as supplements. There are a bunch of threads where we discuss why.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would not assume they an be mixed in,unless they say they can be put into a two part.

some can be ok in the calcium part, but generally not the alk part. It all depends on how they are designed.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I asked. I hope someone can answer my question after checking or having some experience with it.
Moshe, you can add the Trace A to the Balling B and the Trace K to the Balling A. The quantities depend on how much you want to add each day. Once you know how much Balling A abd Balling B is going in the tank each day, it is easy to calculate the amount of Trace A and K you want to add to the Balling B and A holding reservoirs, so that the correct amount of the trace is going in the tank each day.

OP
OP
M

Moshe Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moshe, you can add the Trace A to the Balling B and the Trace K to the Balling A. The quantities depend on how much you want to add each day. Once you know how much Balling A abd Balling B is going in the tank each day, it is easy to calculate the amount of Trace A and K you want to add to the Balling B and A holding reservoirs, so that the correct amount of the trace is going in the tank each day.

Thanks Lou,
My reef tank is 150 gal and the quantities of tthe liquids a b and c are rising weekly.
won't the A & K go up in the same precentages?
What's the quantity of A & K for 100 ml a day (for Balling B and A)?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lou,
My reef tank is 150 gal and the quantities of tthe liquids a b and c are rising weekly.
won't the A & K go up in the same precentages?
What's the quantity of A & K for 100 ml a day (for Balling B and A)?
Moshe, start with about 1ml of each per 50 gallons of system volume per day, and slowly work your way up to about 1ml of each per 25 gallons of system volume per day.

Also, as the Ca and alkalinity consumption goes up, so does the trace element consumption. So keeping them proportional makes a lot of sense.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use pro coral mineral instead is it the same stuff?
Pro Coral Mineral is not exacly the same. It can be used in the same way. But I much prefer the A and K Trace for this kind of supplementation.

Chris k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing aquaforest aswell and looking to move to tropic marin. Is the tropic marin balling more concentrated than the aquaforest

Back