Tropic Marin iodine.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef.

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
5,364
Reaction score
3,906
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Tropic Marin iodine Pro coral anyone know if it’s safe to dilute it with rodi? As I need to dose only half a drop daily, 50% rodi added to it would allow me to use a dropper bottle rather than messing about weighing it or using a measuring spoon etc.
 
Using Tropic Marin iodine Pro coral anyone know if it’s safe to dilute it with rodi? As I need to dose only half a drop daily, 50% rodi added to it would allow me to use a dropper bottle rather than messing about weighing it or using a measuring spoon etc.

Yes, that’s fine.
 
Likely would be okay. But I would do enough for a week and leave your stock solution undiluted and sterile as can be.

You may also be able to dose 1 drop every other day.
 
Likely would be okay. But I would do enough for a week and leave your stock solution undiluted and sterile as can be.

You may also be able to dose 1 drop every other day.
Yeah the dropper bottle is only 10ml so 5ml water / 5ml iodine.

I did read on a different brand not to double dose? Guessing to not overdose, again read conflicting information on this, some says it’s dangerous to overdose some that it’s generally safe?
 
Yeah the dropper bottle is only 10ml so 5ml water / 5ml iodine.

I did read on a different brand not to double dose? Guessing to not overdose, again read conflicting information on this, some says it’s dangerous to overdose some that it’s generally safe?
Hi guys! Stumbled upon this thread as I’m facing low Iodine in my reef tank too + I bought TM’s Iodine. Did You dose daily? And did u manage to test your iodine levels again to see its effects? Thanks!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new