Tropic Marin Nitrate/Nitrite Test Kit Q

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the Tropic Marin Nitrate/Nitrite Test Kit. I do like the test kit overall, the colors like all visual test kits are subjective to some degree.
My question is bottle “A” needs to be shaken well for at least 30 seconds, I have done that. There’s a crystallization of the liquid that hangs onto the syringe and the neck of the “A” bottle. Is this normal? The kit is new and has not expired. I’ve been rinsing off the 1ML syringe in RO/DI water because of the crystals on the exterior of the syringe.
Anyone else experiencing crystallization in the “A” bottle, is it normal?
Thanks for looking…...

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure about that, haven't used those kits but we have a very handy trick while you work out those testing details: whatever you're trying to achieve with the tests, we can still finalize without them. are you cycling a new tank with that arrangement above?

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I switched Nitrate test kits from Red Sea to Tropic Marin. Looking for an easier color change to be a bit more accurate. I'm testing between 5-10 ppm with the Tropic Marin kit, it's a judgment thing like all these color tests are. I'm believing my test results, just wondering the more I use the test kit the crystallization in bottle "A" will become an issue. Hoping someone else has experience with the kit, is it normal or not.
Thanks

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to Tropic Marin for an answer to my question, I received a reply today.
(From Tropic Marin) Unfortunately, the crystallization of reagent A is normal and does not affect function of the test. We are working on this problem and we think we will have a solution soon.

Thanks for looking….

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back