OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ingchr1 what species of dinos did you have?
I do not know. I did not sample when it was at its height. But here's a sample I just took of what's left growing into strings on some not so healthy Caulerpa. Are these dinos or something else?

20240209_162621.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know. I did not sample when it was at its height. But here's a sample I just took of what's left growing into strings on some not so healthy Caulerpa. Are these dinos or something else?

20240209_162621.jpg
Looks like ostreo Dinos to me

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another thing that comes to mind, is that I’m feeding 6 times a day using the plank auto feeder. I have a heavy in (plank feeder) and heavy out (roller mat, oversized skimmer, carbon dosing) that is helping keep constant nutrients in the tank. No cyano, sand is bright white. Knock on wood.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upped the Plus-NP dose to two pumps a day, one in the AM and one in the PM. After two days PO4 went up from a steady 0.10ppm to 0.13ppm. NO3 still measures zero on Hanna HR. With the rise in PO4 I have gone back to one pump a day. The dinos are almost gone, they are mainly on a patch of caulerpa I have. My guess is that the caulerpa is not the healthiest at the moment, hence the dinos on them. Will test again in a couple of days.
My PO4 crept up to 0.19ppm after a few days so I stopped dosing the Plus-NP. After I stopped the dinos seamed to make a slight comeback, but still under control. My NO3 is still 0.0 on Hanna high range. I have been dosing NH4Cl to try to bring that up. It's been a few days since I last tested, but my PO4 did lower slightly to 0.17ppm. May start up the Plus-NP again to see what happens. Ignoring PO4 levels to some extent, especially given the Rich Ross guess the phosphate thread.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back