Tropic Marin Pro Reef, bye bye

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1616775781479.png
may be just as hard to find...but it's a hidden gem ! try it - you'll see..

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1616775781479.png
may be just as hard to find...but it's a hidden gem ! try it - you'll see..
Too bad it's impossible to find. Somewhat like TM Pro is a hidden gem, it seems. Unfortunately this is the situation people are trying to avoid.

Where do you find the test parameters for this mix?

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is back in stock.
And the hoarders are attacking the supply like piranhas. It's all over BRS's Facebook feed. Honestly, BRS should be ashamed for allowing hoarding. If they want to promote the hobby and ensure those who've stayed with TM Pro can maintain their tanks they should've implemented a limit on purchases. At least until or if TM fixes the supply issues. I hope people from these online retailers are paying attention to this.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the hoarders are attacking the supply like piranhas. It's all over BRS's Facebook feed. Honestly, BRS should be ashamed for allowing hoarding. If they want to promote the hobby and ensure those who've stayed with TM Pro can maintain their tanks they should've implemented a limit on purchases. At least until or if TM fixes the supply issues. I hope people from these online retailers are paying attention to this.
Meanwhile your pantry is full to the brim with covid toilet paper and paper towels.

AI Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s limited to 1 per customer. Also, for those of us with bigger tanks, 200 gallons really doesn’t last that long, so what would you consider ”hoarding”? 3 buckets? 6?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to personally thank everyone who switched from tmp. Now I don’t have to stock as much.

Thank you

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s limited to 1 per customer. Also, for those of us with bigger tanks, 200 gallons really doesn’t last that long, so what would you consider ”hoarding”? 3 buckets? 6?
I have a 250, so I know how long it lasts. I've bought one at a time, trying to be responsible. That put me in a bind whenever I needed another bucket so I switched to something different. I'm not being a hypocrite.

I'm pretty sure I said the hoarders were all over BRS's FB feed. Many of them were saying they bought multiple buckets. Either they're lying or BRS just put a limit on order quantity today. I hadn't looked for myself to verify.

Sportn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like BRS is blocking orders now, will not allow you to add the salt to your cart.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like BRS is blocking orders now, will not allow you to add the salt to your cart.
It's probably because they ran out. In one day mind you. I was going to see if BRS was limiting orders as stated here and they had the customary 'notify me when in stock' banner up again. What a hoot.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater aquarium had it a few weeks ago, took a few days to sell out...I had notification set when BRS got the salt in stock...this time no notification and I’m being told cause it sold out fast... I think this is bull, why have a notification...

I can only hope it coming available with more places so I can once again buy it from my lfs

btw, Since brs notifications don’t work they stated they are getting another shipment in Monday

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sale is a sale, why would they care? Especially so now with that private equity firm on board, they're going to want a return on that investment and limiting sales is the opposite of making sales.

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS near me got in a dozen 200g buckets today. First order they've gotten in awhile. They were all spoken for before they came in of course but seems like supply chain is picking up a bit if BRS had them today as well.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sale is a sale, why would they care? Especially so now with that private equity firm on board, they're going to want a return on that investment and limiting sales is the opposite of making sales.
All I can say is, in my industry it's common for material suppliers having capacity issues to put their product on allocation. This ensures all their customers continue to receive the materials they need to stay in production. If they do not, companies are forced to look for alternatives.
In this instance, hypothetically, if you were fortunate enough to buy 6 buckets, there may be 5 other people who get nothing while you sit on 6 month or year long supply of salt. It stands to reason those 5 people will have to find an alternative.
That's why I think limiting purchases is needed. If you could expect people to consider others it wouldn't be necessary but this is reality.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is, in my industry it's common for material suppliers having capacity issues to put their product on allocation. This ensures all their customers continue to receive the materials they need to stay in production. If they do not, companies are forced to look for alternatives.
In this instance, hypothetically, if you were fortunate enough to buy 6 buckets, there may be 5 other people who get nothing while you sit on 6 month or year long supply of salt. It stands to reason those 5 people will have to find an alternative.
That's why I think limiting purchases is needed. If you could expect people to consider others it wouldn't be necessary but this is reality.

I agree, but that argument really only applies to Tropic Marin not BRS, though for good will alone it makes sense for BRS to limit supply, which to be fair sounds as if they have done that.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I bought a bucket. Then I remembered I probably need a second and ordered a second. I didn't know the hoarding was happening. I hope my second bucket doesn't get blocked :(

Rst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a scam - I purchased it and the vendor is telling PayPal that they delivered it yesterday to my home. UPS tells me it was not delivered to my address. On the UPS website it shows it being delivered to my town but no address. PayPal is on it which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Will get my bank involved tomorrow.

The good news is I snagged a 200G bucket from SWA.com when they had early in the week.
Did PayPal end the end, provide you a credit? I am also in the same boat, but didn’t remember that I ordered this back on Feb 27 and now it still didn’t get delivered. I just put a complaint to PayPal.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a bucket. Then I remembered I probably need a second and ordered a second. I didn't know the hoarding was happening. I hope my second bucket doesn't get blocked :(

How many toilet rolls do you have?

If into double figures you're definitely a hoarder :cool:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back