Maxout

somekindabonita

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I switched to ESV when we couldn't find TM. The salt mixed up very nicely and stored well for my automatic water changes, but once TM is more readily available I'll be going back - BRS actually has it in stock right now! The extra couple steps is just a little too much for me when I'm already squeezing in batches of saltwater late in the evenings that TM saves a bit of time.

Conrad Noto

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don't doubt the quality of Tropic Marin but it feels like the same issue as i saw with Triton. Despite really hoping to give the method a try i'm not about to cause needless instability due to not being able to get the product.
Triton is my band lol T R I T O N 89/90

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Am I seeing this correctly? THey got rid of the 80gallon and raised the price on the 200?

1619400772246.png

Fritz

rmcrom

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Does anyone know if TM changed the 'recipe' for Pro Reef? I have used the salt for a while and mixed in a white bucket with never any residue. I am now on a new bucket and I am getting a coating of brown gunk on all surfaces of the bucket and on the mixing pump. I can even see the water has a brown/orange tint to it once the salt dissolves.

Last edited:

PeterC99

Can’t Remember What I Did Before Reefing?
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Does anyone know if TM changed the 'recipe' for Pro Reef? I have used the salt for a while and mixed in a white bucket with never any residue. I am now on a new bucket and I am getting a coating of brown gunk on all surfaces of the bucket and on the mixing pump. I can even see the water has a brown/orange tint to it once the salt dissolves.
I’m having the same problem and not happy! The residue is very noticeable!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

90's reefer

Fight the Good Fight
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I went back to IO reg.
I mix 15 gallons at a time.
The residue can be eliminated with a 1/4 cup of rox carbon in a nylon sock floating in the mixing container.
I have done this 3 times now with repeatable results.
No residue left in the container and the salt mixes crystal clear.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
All transport costs.
Salt is salt
Sort of agree but that doesn’t explain why other salts have not gone up in cost, I’m in Europe, Tropic Marin as far as I believe is produced in Germany, yet the price here is still expensive.

I’m moving to IO.

AquaCave Logo Banner
Inkbird